A Jellyfish's Virtue of Death

Cautioned about the ruthless rocks that stuck out, the furious, chilling sea excessively pushed me nearer and nearer to the coast. Frost-white foam excitedly leaped everywhere after having the midnight-blue sea unwillingly crash into the unforgiving stone. Starfish after sea-crab, my fellow friends and family were unfortunately thrown into every jagged crook of the infamous coastal boulders.

I was next.

Me, a fragile, candy-pink jellyfish would soon become red paint and decoration on the stone wall.

The rock was menacing. Corners stuck out intimidatingly, appearing as sharp as sharks' teeth, with moonlight glistening off of it and into my eyes.

Tremendous thunder roared in my ears, freezing sea water squeezed all of the warmth out of me and the bright moonlight shined harshly into my eyes. It was merciless cruelty at its finest.

As I was slowly edged towards my fate, the brutal deaths that played about me were now much clearer; a thick fog had previously engulfed the shore, impairing my vision. I shivered with fear, as right infront of my very eyes, I was forced to witness my jellyfish brothers being smoothly sliced by the rock (as easily as dicing soft fruits). Petrified, I struggled to swim away and retreat but the unhesitant waves were too strong to overcome, leaving me alone and exhausted.

I couldn't help it. My demise was inevitable.

Having given up, I merely floated amongst the rich, rose-red blood of my brothers that had stained the once pure ocean waters. My painful death was about to greet me and there I was: crippled by the overwhelmingly disturbing nature of the sea.

I was literally about to die - but I didn't care anymore.