The Mission Begins

My first Inspector Gadget story. This is PennyxTalon :) This was supposed to be two separate stories but I'm combining them. Go onto my FanFiction profile (link on my Wattpad profile) and you'll find two other Inspector Gadget stories coming in the future. Leave a review on what you think and if I should continue?

Thanks :)

________________________________________________________________

Penny ran down a street at her highest speed. Her Code-X displayed above her right wrist. On the blue holographic screen was a tracking device. A dot was quickly moving, and she was far behind it. The dot stood for Talon.

A tracking chip had been placed in Talon's boots a while back. The chip only worked when met with a source of electricity. The source of electricity: rocket power. Talon's boots had rocket boosters inside them; fueled with rocket power, which was perfect for the chip to work properly.

Now, it had finally come in handy for Penny's solo-mission. Her Uncle had blabbed it in his sleep, and it struck a light bulb in her head. Brain, as always, was against the plot. But Penny was an agent-in-training, and how many times had she made her Uncle's missions a success? Brain couldn't argue with that, so he let her head get to her.

Penny was going to infiltrate MAD. Talon had infiltrated them many times, so she wanted to pay him back a favor by doing the same thing. Why not? Sure, there was already an undercover HQ agent in the MAD facility. But reports had recently shown that he had begun to devote his loyalty to MAD and not HQ. Penny figured she could go in, and catch up on any missions that the undercover HQ agent hasn't reported without getting exposed and caught.

As she ran, she would smile lightly at the memory of her Uncle Gadget overreacting to the news that she was going on a dangerous mission of her own.

_____________________________________________________________

_Flashback_

Penny sat in front of a gray mirror in Professor Von Slickstein's lab. Behind her was her Uncle Gadget, Brain, and Chief Quimby who was giving a few agents the run-down of the mission. Penny looked at her pale, pink lips as she held the black lipstick towards them. She didn't like wearing dark make-up. Mainly because it reminded her of MAD.

Gadget sniffled his nose as he wiped his sudden tears away. "How will I defeat MAD when I know Penny is with them? What if I have to fight her?" he asked with doubt in his voice while he wiped his face with a tissue that had ejected from his hat. Brain face-palmed as usual and Penny laughed lightly as she kept glaring at the black lipstick in her hand.

"Simple." Chief Quimby clued in as he held a self-destructing messenger, "Don't fight her." Brain nodded in agreement while lowering his palm from his face. But, of course, Inspector Gadget had to make things more complicated.

"But what if she tries to fight me?"

Quimby chuckled, and Brain snickered. Penny turned to the people she called her family. "I won't fight you, Uncle Gadget. But Talon might."

Quimby laughed and Gadget sighed in relief, "Thank, Gadgets. Talon doesn't stand a chance against me!"

Turning away from everyone, Penny looked at herself in the mirror. The thing that stood out the most on her now was the ugly purple-pink ombre strip on her bangs. It didn't look too bad, but it was a change for her that would take some time to get used to.

Placing the horrid lipstick onto her lips, she thought fearfully. Would this work?

_Flashback_