I Knew it Was You!

A/N: This was going to be put out early Friday morning, but because I had so much motivation to write this, I got it done tonight with satisfaction levels over 9000.

This may be one of the cutest (and saddest) chapters in this entire story :) I cried near the end when writting this, because of what happens. (Don't worry, this ends with fluff 3) Anyways, sorry for the long delay! It's Oct 12th and my last update was Aug 31st! That's just not right.

But hey! I got you guys a wonderful, fluffed Talenny chapter! So enjoy :)

Now, I'm off to study for a test and start storming up ideas for Ch. 8!

Hours passed before Talon finally dozed off; Penny stuck in a tight embrace as she laid against him awake. Wide awake. It was nearly 6:00pm, and the halls smelled like burning, but like Talon had said before, she dismissed it off as MADcat's disastrous cooking that Dr. Claw, disgustingly, enjoyed. Seriously, how is Dr. Claw not food poisoned yet? At least the TV was on a good channel, playing a marathon of Shrek movies. Throughout the first one, she and Talon had brought in references from Shrek is Love, Shrek is Life and the ridiculous SFM parodies of the ogre whilst catching all the jokes that flew over each other's heads as a child. That was something that the undercover HQ agent found enjoyable, if not the aroma of burning tuna.

She slapped Talon for the dirty joke he had made, regarding "tuna", before dozing off. Maybe that slap had put him to sleep? She doubts it; it wasn't even a hard slap.

But now, Penny was stuck. In a tight embrace from the boy she had been crushing on ever since the day that she first saw him. And she was holding onto him too! She felt warm and secure, even though he was her enemy. He should be squeezing her like a snake until she suffocated, but no. He held her like she was a newborn baby. He held her the same way he held Chief Quimby and Talon's chin was rested on top of her head, nestled into her bright blonde hair. Her legs were dangling off the edge of the sofa, while her arms were folded against his chest like lawn chairs.

She was deathly silent, and not because of him being asleep, but because of how her lips felt.

The previous afternoon had been as confusing as much as it had been fun. The duo found themselves playing Mario Kart, watching Shrek, and taking turns playing GTA. The part that would leave Penny utterly flustered was when Talon's lips would meet hers in an unexpected, two-second kiss, usually whenever he'd beat her ass at a race or joke. She hardly had enough time to kiss him back, even though she knows that shouldn't, as her mission was at its peak.

If Penny was Talon's smooch buddy, she wasn't a good one because whenever his lips would touch hers, she'd freeze like a starving rat hearing the word "cheddar", and would have a quick freak out while Talon wouldn't say anything as he smugly returned back to choosing the next racing circuit, ultimately winning against his dazed Pretty Penny once more.

Which lead to yet another kiss and a flustered Penny.

And it wasn't until she had kissed him with an open mouth did he finally stop and resorted to cuddling. He kept chatting with her, though, as if the kissing and racing hadn't done a single thing to affect him.

And now, she laid. Enjoying the scent of his fresh hair gel and strong cologne over burning fish. She felt guilty, but so good at the same time. She knew she shouldn't be enjoying any of this, but she also knew, that Talon wouldn't say a thing about it, and that Chief Quimby would never know unless she told him.

Which was something that she definitely wasn't going to do?

This was a moment that nor she or Talon would ever speak of, and keep it a memory shared between the two of them.