Chapter 3

I know I shouldn’t call the police, they’ll just try to stop me, and they wouldn’t believe a single word of this. They think that I’m crazy and should still be in the ‘St. Vincent Medical Center’. They don’t believe that anyone had ever actually even taken me. So, they had me committed. I was there for over a month, until they believed that I was sane enough to go home. Even then though, Lilly had had to move in with me, to make sure that I'm okay.

After my parents both died in the car accident, I had become severely depressed. I had stopped eating, and some days wouldn't get out of bed. It soon became obvious as time went on, that I wasn't going to get any better. That I couldn't recover from this by myself. Lilly had me go to a therapist, who diagnosed me with depression, and had me put on medication. Now everyday, I take my pills and supposedly, as far as everyone else is concerned, I'm happy. I got a job at a diner down the street, and I now lead a pretty normal life. I never thought this would be me at 22... I figured I'd be working in some company, I'd have a somewhat serious boyfriend, and I'd have my future going down a straight normal path. But no.

Hopefully, officer Sam will pick up, and he’ll try to help me, he’d tried last time.. Though, it hadn’t worked out. I can’t count on the police helping me at all. They think that they know everything about all the cases of the missing girls, that they all ran away. No one had even hardly looked for them. I found them though! But did anyone believed me? No. Why? because, apparently, having a breakdown, after both of your parents die and going to a psychiatric facility isn’t normal. So, I’m crazy. It didn’t help my case when they couldn’t find Derek's house though. So, what they think is that I got lost in the woods, and imagined all of it. That ‘it was all in my head’ they said. That ‘nothing happened and I needed to realize that'. I'm definitely not crazy though. I know that it all happened. I remember everything. Except where his house is. That turns out to be a much bigger factor to everything than you would think though. No evidence. 

The worst thing that the police could do though is try to stop me, and i’m not going to be stopped, not today, not with this. No one, nothing will get in my way of finding my sister. She’s the only family I have left, and he’s not going to kill her. He is messed up, and the police have failed to find him.

“Hello?” I said desperately hoping that it would be officer Sam who answered my call.

“Hello, this is Hanna, how may I assist you today miss?” Said officer Hanna.

“It’s my sister. She’s missing, and I think-no, I know, that it’s the same man, Derek, who took me a year ago. He was trying to get me, but grabbed her by mistake!” I said as calmly as I could.

“There’s no way for you to know this for sure honey; just please calm down now.” Hanna said. “and I don’t want you to get any crazy rescue ideas. He doesn’t have your sister. Alright? Stay home, I promise that she’ll be home soon enough, just wait and see.” Hanna said all of this so calmly, as if she hadn’t a care in the world. All I could do was silently plea her to understand, to believe me, to listen, to help me. “Now promise me, you won’t go out looking for her, you’ll wait for her to get home.”

There was no way that I was going to promise not to try and help my sister. So I silently hung up.

I ran down the long dark hallway to the small rickety orange bookshelf by the door, after I had grabbed my gun, to get my keys. I needed to hurry before the police show up to check on me. Hopefully I'll  be long gone by that time. I’m not legally allowed to own a weapon, and so, the police don’t know that I carry a 9mm pistol. Lilly doesn’t even know I have it. There are so many things to tell her, that I might not ever get the chance to say now... I have to find her and save her. Before it's too late.