Waking Up

Mark's P.O.V

My morning so far is this. Sean woke me up in at three in the morning yelling incoherently. Or maybe it was the fact that I had been woken up from my slumber and I couldn't quite comprehend what he was yelling. I'm still not sure which one it was. It had only been a few days since (Y/N)'s surgery. I hadn't moved at the pace Sean had wanted me to and dragged me by my arm to (Y/N)'s room.

My heart stopped and my body froze. Why in the world is Sean taking me to (Y/N)'s room? Did something happen? Is she ... no, no she can't be. Those questions burned in my mind as we burst through the door and I came face to face with the love of my life, who I hadn't seen in weeks.

"Mark, she's awake." Mackenzie whispered softly and smiled, almost as if she were scared a noise would take everything away.

I drew closer to her. Her eyes were closed and her breathing was soft. I wanted so badly to wake her up, to see that sweet smile and that spirit only (Y/N) could give. But she is awake, that's all that really matters. I look at the doctor and he smiles at me.

"It's wonderful, isn't it? We weren't sure she'd have the strength to keep going, but she did. We'll need to keep her for a few more days, but after that she's all yours." He explains to me as I gently stroke (Y/N)'s hair. She looked so peaceful and so wonderful, at least now I can look at her again. "I'll give you two some room." The doctor quietly states as he dismisses himself from the room.

"(Y/N), (Y/N), (Y/N)..." I mutter softly as I stroke her hair. "I've missed you so much my love... I'm so sorry I left you. Please, don't leave me. I-I had to leave, it was the only time to get you a ring, an engagement ring." I ramble on as tears begin to sting my eyes. I can't help but be afraid she won't forgive me. Maybe if I had stayed home, then I could have protected her and none of this would've happened!

I hold on to her hands tightly as I sob on the edge of the bed. I'm whimpering and crying and ... I'm just one huge mess. All of this happening at once was too much to bear. I do not want to be rejected, I've done so much for her. But who the hell would blame her if she wanted to leave? I left her, and she was hurt all because I had left her.

"I'm so sorry (Y/N)... I'm so fucking sorry..." I whimper as I gently kiss her hands. I freeze as I hear a light moan and some rustling. I look up to see the love of my life flinch and cower away from me.

"W-Who the hell are you?"

(Y/N)'s P.O.V

"W-Who the hell are you?" I question as I look around the room. "W-Why the am I in the hospital? A-re my parents here?!" I whimper out as I expect them to yell at me again.

"(Y/N)? What are you talking about?! What's wrong honey?" A man with glasses asks at me, his voice sounded surprised and ... hurt?

"H-honey?! What are you talking about?!" I yell at him. Soon enough the doctor rushes into the room and looks at me.

"You're up? Already? How do you feel?" He asks calmly as he checks a monitor that looks like the ones you would watch on TV.

"W-What happened to me?" I ask as I try to comprehend all that surrounded me.

"You were kidnapped by your parents and you were wounded in the right shoulder pretty badly... (Y/N), what day is it?" The doctor asks me as he looks at me.

It should have been such an easy question, the answer should have been so simple, right? But that's the thing, I had no idea what day it was. I had no idea who I was or where I was! I didn't want to admit it, but I felt something nag at me whenever I set my eyes on the handsome man wearing glasses.

After a few minutes of reflecting on my revelations I decided to tell them the truth, "I-I don't have any idea what day it is."

The doctor and the man glance at each other worriedly and the doctor approaches me closely. "Do you remember what happened before you blacked out?" He asks as he looks at me with content. Blacked out? What did he mean? I guess if I did suffer a serious injury I would have blacked out. What exactly did happen? Last thing I remember was that I was on my way to do something, but I can't even remember what that something was.

"I-I... Was I on my way to go see someone? With someone? " I ask as I look at either of them for an answer. They look at me and shake their heads "no". I sigh unhappily and hug myself.

The man who made my heart beat a bit faster drew close to me and looked me in the eyes, he was crying. Tears were streaming down his cheeks and his eyes were red and puffy.

"(Y/N) ... you do not remember me at all?" He whimpers out and gently touches my hand.

I look at him, my eyes scanning his every feature, something was there, a familiarity and an association with pure joy and hope and ... and something more. But, I couldn't put a name to the face that stared right back at me. I could not imagine knowing someone who looked like he did, or acted like he did. Why would he have even wanted to have known me?

"I-I'm sorry sir. I just don't know who you are."

~~~~~~~~~~~~Fin~~~~~~~~~~~~