Chapter 8

I DIED
ITS WHY I HAVENT BEEN ON HERE IN LIKE MONTHS
YES
THAT IS A LEGITIMATE EXCUSE LEAVE ME ALONEEEEE
I really have no reason why I just left this story sitting here whoops
But there's like.... 3-4 people who want me to keep it up so I will try to lmao rip
Well really I just sorta hastily threw myself into the Boku no Hero Academia fandom and I ran out of Bakugou X Midoriya fics (yes I like yaoi leave me alone) on fanfiction.net so I came over here and got frustrated with everyone's awful grammar so I just sorta decided to come back to write this so here we go.

If leaving had ever been hard for Lucy she wouldn't have left her father's mansion. She wouldn't have left her pampered life filled with dresses and makeup. She wouldn't have left her thousands of dollars worth of jewelry. She wouldn't have left her old school with the fake girls who called themselves her friends. She had never minded leaving. Lucy thought she enjoyed change. Oh how wrong she was.
Two days until she leaves Fairy Tail Academy for good. Two days until she gets on her train to ride but to her beautiful (and rather large) old prison. For the first time in her life she didn't want change. And now it was being forced upon her.
Lucy and her large group of friends were eating at their favorite pizza place right across from her apartment. Gajeel and Jellal had slid right in easily, so now it was, Lucy, Natsu, Lisanna, Cana, Gray, Erza, Jellal, Gajeel, and Levy. Lucy watched with a sad smile as they all interacted with each other.
Natsu was demanding Lisanna to have an eating contest with him. Lisanna was laughing so hard she couldn't say no. Of course Natsu being as dense as he is took her lack of answer as a yes and started shoving as much pizza in his mouth as possible. All the while Lisanna was turning purple from lack of oxygen. Lucy was genuinely worried about whether or not her white haired friend would pass out on her.
Cana had somehow snuck alcohol with her AGAIN despite being under aged. She had managed to convince Gray to try some and surprisingly enough he liked it. A lot. The two of them were now sitting there getting drunk, very obviously too young to be drinking beer. The server didn't even bat an eye at this though, and Lucy wondered what kind of thing the guy had seen.
Erza and Jellal were acting like the perfect boyfriend and girlfriend. Watching them was like reading her favorite romance novel..... Well sorta. Erza was trying to convince Jellal to let her feed him breadsticks. The poor blue haired kid's face turned a bright scarlet to match Erza's hair color. He refused while stuttering so much you could barely understand what he was saying. Erza too this as a yes and shoved it into his mouth. Hopefully Jellal won't choke. Lucy turned her gaze to the other dating pair at the table.
Gajeel was furiously tickling Levy. Her shrieks were so loud you could probably hear them across the street. Levy in return, was pelting her boyfriend with pepperoni. It was rather hilarious. They all were hilarious.
Lucy sighed and rested her chin on her hands. She was going to miss this.
"Oi! Luce! Why you sittin' here staring at everyone like that! Have some fun this party is for you!" Natsu's loud voice interrupted Lucy from her thoughts. He wrapped his muscular arms around her from behind and she jumped in surprise, her face turning a slight shade of pink and her heart raced.
"Uh... I was just... Thinking..." Lucy replied to his question while struggling to keep her line of thought intact.
"About what!" He asked resting his chin on her shoulder. His breath tickled the hair by her ear making chills go down her spine.
I am not affected. I am not affected. I am not affected. I do not like Natsu Dragneel. I do not like Natsu Dragneel. Natsu Dragneel is ho- NO I DO NOT LIKE MY BEST FRIEND!
At this point Lucy had just accepted the fact that thinking like this wasn't going to go anywhere.
"Natsu, it doesn't matter. I need to use the bathroom so hold on." Lucy untangled herself from Natsu's embrace and made her way to the bathroom. She could feel his slightly hurt eyes on her back, and once again she told herself she was not bothered one bit. Nope. Not at all.

Later on that night when everyone had went their separate ways (except for Gajeel and Levy who went off together. Well it was more like Gajeel picking up the small girl and slinging her over her shoulder while racing away laughing like a maniac), Natsu remained.
"Natsu what's up? Normally you'd leave with the others right now." Lucy looked up at him with inquiring eyes.
"We still have the last episode of FMAB to finish," Natsu informed her.
"Ah, of course it's about anime!" She teased bumping her shoulder with his while they walked. Natsu laughed.
"I AM A WEABOO AND I AM PROUD OF IT!"
"Natsu! Hush!" Lucy tried to scold him but she was laughing too hard to sound stern enough for him to listen. He grinned at her.
"Want a piggy back?" He asked her.
"EHHHH?!"
"You know, it's a thing where I carry you on my-"
"I know what a piggy back ride is!"
"Well do you want one?"
Lucy hesitated briefly before matching his grin.
"Why of course my brave horse."
Natsu being Natsu went along with it and neighed, causing Lucy to lose it. She laughed so hard tears formed in her eyes as she hopped onto his back. Lucy looped her arms over his strong shoulders and around his neck, lose enough as to not to choke him and tight enough to not fall off.
"ONWARD MY VALIANT STEED!" She roared pointing forwards. She got a strong urge to slap his butt like you would a horses rump to get them moving, but she quickly shut down those thoughts seeing as he was her friend not her boyfriend. And she definitely did not like him- or for that matter find his ass attractive- and her slapping his butt would be deemed rather inappropriate seeing as the thought did not appeal to her at all. Definitely not.
And they were off. Natsu somehow still managed to run at top speed with Lucy perched up on his back. They raced up and down the street with Lucy spouting crazy stories about her being a knight and he her horse with them laughing all the while. Eventually Natsu trudged up the stairs to her apartment (with Lucy still on his back) and they finally made it to her place in twenty minutes. It should've taken five but neither of them were complaining.
"All right I'll get Netflix set up you go get the popcorn because I burn it every time." Natsu ordered her. She laughed and obliged. Soon enough they were sitting on the couch in their usual position except- Lucy didn't like being on opposite sides of the couch anymore. She looked over at her friend then suddenly without warning shifted towards him. Natsu sat up more and let her rest her head on his shoulder while putting his arm around her.
This position is good.
The thought echoed in both of their minds. Lucy let out a sigh of contentment and relaxed further into Natsu. They hit play on the episode and watched it unfold. Everything was coming to an end. In the Elric brother's story and their's. They watched with tears streaming down their faces as the magnificent story ended. Both brothers separating in search of knowledge. As Edward's ending line finished and the credits rolled neither of them moved. They didn't want to. They didn't want the story to end and yet it did. Everything must come to an end. Even the happiness that the two had managed to find in each other.

I STAYED UP TOO LATE WRITING THIS CRAP IT PROBABLY HAS A LOT OF MISTAKES IN IT BECAUSE I HAVENT CHECKED IT OVER IM JUST PUBLISHING IT BECAUSE IDC AT THIS POINT ILL TRY TO BE MORE ACTIVE WRITING THIS BUT NO PROMISES BYEEE!