Chapter 26

(Hannah's POV)

I looked around. A dark, tall, and cricked looking figure appeared in front of us. I squirmed and fell backwards off of Louis' back. I struggled as I quickly scrambled back.

"Hannah what are you doing!?" Louis grabbed my hand tightly and pulled me off the ground.

I looked up and there was nothing there.

"I- I swear I could've-"

"Look, we're  almost there so please don't make this difficult." Louis pleaded, bending down for me to get back on his back.

"Right. Almost there." I reassured myself.

(Harry's POV)

"Louis called almost half an hour ago. He said that he was picking up Hannah and heading over here. He should be here by now." Liam stared at his call logs on his phone.

"Maybe somethin popped up. The lad does have a lot going on at the moment." Niall suggested.

"Ouch! Zayn! Could you be a bit more careful with those stitches please? I can still feel things, ya know." I hollered.

"Sorry lad." Zayn apologized quickly.

"You did say Hannah's with Louis right Liam?" I asked.

"Yes." Liam smiled. "I know you haven't seen her in a bit."

"Yeah. I guess I've been too focused on Amber. I just haven't had time to think about how lonely Hannah might be feeling." I gazed down at my feet, feeling ashamed.

"It's weird ya know?" Niall joined in.

I looked over at Niall who was munching on a pizza slice.

"The last time I hung out with Hannah was about two days ago. She didn't seem lonely... she seemed... lost?" Niall questioned his own statement.

"Niall what are you talking about?" I asked starting to become worried.

"Maybe she's lost without you Harry." Liam said in awe.

"No. I mean, she kept forgettin where she put things. Like, daily objects." Niall said.

"Give an example Niall, you're confusin us." Zayn pitched in, finishing up my stitch.

"Like where her toothbrush was. I don't know. I didn't think much of it, I mean we all lose things every once in awhile." Niall shrugged whilst biting into his pizza.

"Yeah but not things like toothbrushes." Liam pointed out.

"Get me a pizza slice, would ya?" Zayn asked looking at Niall.

"Sure thing." Niall smiled.

(Hannah's POV)

Louis set me down right in front of some old, wood stairs. I slowly lifted my head to see that we were outside an old, creepy looking cabin.

"Are you sure this is the right cabin?" I gulped, staring at the door.

"Positive!" Louis smiled and knocked on the door.

The door slowly creaked open.

"LOUIS AND HANNAH ARE HERE!" Liam yelped and hugged Louis.

I quickly ran past Liam and Louis and frantically looked around for Harry. I saw him sitting on a slightly ripped couch with Zayn sitting next to him.

Harry saw me but didn't move. Harry, Zayn, and now Niall too just sat on the couch eating pizza. Clearly seeing me but not saying a word. I wondered whether or not to enter the living room. At least that's what the room looked like. I shook it off and went into the room. I ran up to Harry and hugged him tightly but he didn't even lift his arms to hug me back. I looked over at Zayn and Niall and they just stared at the tv, eating.

"Guys?" I looked around and Liam and Louis were gone.

Then I fell.

(Harry's POV)

I sat on the ground, slowly running my fingers through Hannah's hair as she laid on the couch.

"Harry, do you want another pizza before Niall gets to it?" Louis asked me.

"No. I'm ok." I sighed.

Hannah lifted her head and looked around. She slowly sat up and rubbed her eyes like her sight was blurry. Then she leaped forward and hugged me tightly. I hugged her and lifted her to her feet.

"Harry. I can't hide this anymore. I need to talk to you." She whispered in my ear.

(Hannah's POV)

I was scared. The symptoms were coming back and stronger than ever. It's time I had to tell the boys.

"Guys, sit down please." my voice was nothing but shaky.

Harry squeezed my hand then let go to have a seat on the couch. I was scared to tell them. Especially Harry. What if he didn't like me after this? What if they all just started bullying me again because of it. I thought this was always the reason they bullied me but clearly they don't have a clue about it.

No. They wouldn't start that again. They've changed. We're all close now.

"Hannah, it's been 8 minutes." Zayn lightly touched my shoulder.

"Right. Sorry. Well, I've been hiding something for awhile and I thought that somehow I was cured because all my symptoms were gone for about a year-"

"Cured? Symptoms? Hannah what are you trying to say!?" Harry started to panic.

"Harry let the girl speak." Liam laid a hand on Harry's shoulder, keeping him on the couch.

I sighed, "Harry, I love you. I don't want this to change how you feel about me because it certainly hasn't changed how I feel about you."

"Hannah, I promise you I will never stop loving you. I will never stop caring for you. I would never hurt you like I used to. I was alone and scared and needed to take my anger out
on something but now I know that I can't take anger out on human beings. Hannah, you've changed the way I see the world. I would never just leave you like that. This promise will be easy to keep and I will make it my priority to keep it. So you should be comfortable sharing this with us. We're you're friends." Harry started to tear up because he knew something bad was coming.

"I have Alzheimer's." I admitted.

The room went silent and Harry ran out of the cabin before anyone could stop him from doing so.