Chapter 3 / "The first see you later"

"Freshman huh?"

Nathan said while sitting on a bench in a white partytent in Lucias big backyard and drank from his glass with famous grouse.

His eyes was stuck at the glass which he lightly swung back and forth making little waves in the whisky. I sat beside him with my knees to my chest and was freezing really badly.

"No. Or yes, but I just finished."

"So next year sophomore?" he asked and turned his face to mine.

"Probably." I said jokingly and he started smiling. After a while I continued.

"How old were you again?"

"I'm 23 in december."

"Oh. Old man huh."

"I can feel the greyhairs coming." He said which made me laugh and he looked at me with a smile.

I took a sip of my Coke and turned my attention to the crowd that stood at the big lawn dancing to the music. I saw Lucia holding a glass of Rosé but almost everything was gone because of her jumping that made everything spill out.

"You don't drink?" He said and I looked down at my coke and then at him.

"Sometimes." I answered and he looked at me.

"Not now?"

I looked at his glass again and put my cheek at my palm, leaning on the table and smiled at him.

"Not now." I answered and he smiled his halfsmile and took a sip of his whisky. I continued to lean with ny face on my palm and smiling at him.

"How is it in England then?" I said after a while and he glanced at me. "Visiting the Bigben often? Ride in big red busses everyday?" I said and lighted up my voice in sarcasm and smiled teasingly and he giggled which made my heart melt.

"Just because you live in USA doesn't mean you have to be fat." he said and I raised my eyebrows.

"You can't compare that!" I laughed and he did too while nodding his head but then shaking it like he wasn't sure what he wanted to think.

"You can. Just because you live in a country doesnt mean you're the same as everybody else." He said and winked and I waved me hand in ignorance and laughed.

"No but seriously, is it cool? is it a big difference?"

"A lot.'' he said as fast as I finished my sentence. I raised my eyebrows that showed that he should continue, which he did.

"In some way It's so much more.. comfortable. It's.. Relaxed, you know." He tried to bite his short nails that already was chewed down. "It's hard to explain." He said and then turned his gaze to me. "You don't really know how England is until you're there. You could watch as many videos and photos as you want, but it will not be the same at all when you're there, in real life and feel the weather and everything. It's amazing. When I first got there, to my apartment.. It was crazy. You should see it, its huge. You know, collecting in your own money, go to another part of the world, to begin everything, starting over. It's a great feeling."

Even though I felt like a seal on land, having hard time to breathe because of his beautiful brittish accent that expressed everything like an brittish angel bringing me to heaven.

"Wasn't it hard leaving everything?" I tried to sound as normal as I could. "Your family, friends."

He got quiet for a while. He did the same thing with his glass again and after a couple of minutes he looked at me again.

"Let's just say that I needed to get away."

I wrinkled my forehead to express my confusion. Needed to get away? Are you some called murderer or something?