Chapter Four

The Roommate – Chapter Four

Bella's POV

I shoved everything that I could into my suitcases, rummaging through my dresser drawers, searching through my closet, ensuring I have everything that I wanted to take with me. I must have had at least four suitcases, all neatly packed with every garment or clothing, every beauty product, every piece of jewelry, everything. The room looked so bare without all my things in it, but it was time to go, time to get out of here and go someplace else, where it's not awkward for me to simply exist.

Connor rushed into my room and locked the door behind him. "What's wrong?" I asked, not looking up from my folding. "Sam knows." He said. "Good for him, now he can tell that blonde bitch all about it. She can have my room, too." I said and wiped the tears out of my eyes. Connor grabbed my wrist and sat me down. "Listen, you can't leave." He said. "Oh, I can't? And why would that be? So I can cook, clean, and hate looking at the person I love? I'll pass." I said and crossed my arms over my chest. "No. Because we want you to stay, there's four other people who oppose your decision to move out." Connor attempted to defend his case, but I was simply too angry to listen. But very soon, that anger turned into sadness. I began sobbing. "I don't want to go, but I have to. I won't be far, but I can't be close. It's too hard to look at Sam and remember everything we did together, and how it made me the happiest girl alive, and how I always thought we belonged together, but he broke up with me and moved on, the day he did. I just can't live in a house where the guy I love lives, when he doesn't love me anymore." I said and used my sleeve as a tissue to wipe away the tears streaming down my face. Connor sat down next to me, rubbed my back and held my head close to his chest, and said, "Don't you worry, Bells. It'll all be okay."

Connor's POV

The very next day, Bella was moved out. And Sam was heartbroken. He spent his days laying on her bed, sitting at her desk, and he never left her room. Ever. And one day, I just couldn't take it anymore. I sent a photo of Sam lying face down with a box of tissues next to him with the caption, "This is all he ever does." When she replied, it wasn't really the reply I was looking for. She said, "Tell him to get a grip. If he can move on to another girl, he can move on from this." That was the last text I got from Bella for weeks, no one knew where she was living or what she was doing, but she never talked to any of us anymore.

However, weeks passed, and Sam got better, he got a grip, just like Bella had told him to. But he was still mopey, and not himself, he was never actually himself anymore. You'd think that when he broke up with Bella he'd go back to his usual ways, before he started dating her. Unfortunately, that was not the case.

Sam and I were watching Keeping Up with The Kardashians one night, and of course we got into the topic of Bella, and just as we started to get into the conversation about her, all of us got added into a group chat. And to our surprise, Bella created the group chat, just to send one simple emoji.

A house.

Jc's POV

"A house?" I asked as all five of us sat around a small table. "A house." Connor said. "What on earth does that mean?!" Kian exclaimed. "A house." I began thinking aloud. "There's only one logical explanation for this!" I exclaimed. Everyone just kind of looked at me like I was completely insane, but also waiting for the logical explanation that I had come up with. "She's coming home." I said with a huge, goofy smile on my face.

Sam's POV

My face lit up instantly. "You really think she's coming home?" I asked, more excited than anyone else in the entire world. "I think so. What other explanation is there?" Jc asked, sure that Bella was coming home. I smiled, just as Jc had before. "SHE'S COMING HOME!!" I screamed. Then, another message came into the chat, a door.