~Chapter 10~

I had stumbled downstairs to Ash cooking, this is a first. "Hey Ash, Where's Michael" I rub my eyes yawning mid sentence. Apparently Michael had gone out to get us food because the fridge looked like we had been living in here like a bunker for months. Ash rips a chunk out of his toast and throws down two of the most peculiarly constructed breakfasts I've ever seen. 

"So Arabella, I have something to show you missy"

He bounds over to me from the kitchen counter. With absolutely nothing springing to mind I just about mustered a "hmm" before Ash whipped off his top to reveal the most breathtaking sight. Each and every one of his bare boned ribs was now clothed in a layer of silky bronzed skin.

"I've been healing up or something like that somehow. I can't explain it because I don't know really know what it is but I think I know who I have to thank"

I could feel myself welling up as I brush my hand over his skin, the softest pink undertones peaked through the skin that lay over his perfectly chiseled body. More importantly for the first time to my knowledge the cheesiest little smile lit up his entire face like a beacon, two little dimples forming either side. Like the tiny crevasses that make the moon so beautiful, he was just glowing. It finally felt genuine.

"Ash I don't know what to say, this is just amazing" 

He gives me a colossal hug, picking me up and swinging me around until we're both woozy and delusional. We got so caught up in the excitement that we almost forgot about Ash's culinary masterpiece slowly going cold.

After that bombshell I just chilled out for the day but the guys had other plans. Michael laughed his socks off when Ash tried to show him his buff new bod, little did he know that he was now just as abnormally strong. The pair spent the day chucking each other about the place but thankfully it all ended up in giggles rather than tears. 

The day continued to pass by with several rounds of 'Ari is cheating again' Fifa. I eventually stroll over to the fridge only to greet it with a disdain sigh. "Guys you've eaten all the food again!" I whinge. 

"I suggest pizza just saying" Michael cries out, eyes still glued to the TV.

"Oh yeah great idea" Ashton nods

 "Okay yes all wonderful ideas but the nearest take out is like an hours drive, nice try though"

Michael spins around and looks me dead in the eyes uttering just one word "road trip" which actually turns out to be two but you get the idea. "Looks like your on your own for a bit Ash" Michael bounces up with enthusiasm and throws my jacket at me, already half way out the door. "See ya" I chuckle whilst being dragged out the door with him.

"See when was the last time we went adventuring like this!" Michael was ecstatic and he had a point too. We have been so cooped up lately with everything going on. I've been taking less shifts just to chill out with the boys. Admittedly they're not working the hardest to home their newfound skills but I can't blame them. The ride was so peaceful I practically dozed off on Michael's back, occasionally he'd swivel just to wake me up again and tick me off. 

We finally arrived and it was almost a shock to the system to see people wandering the streets again, for a little town it felt so alive compared to the tranquillity I have become too acclimatised to. We were caught at an actual set of red lights, Michael almost forgot what to do in this situation. There are no traffic lights where we are, in fact no traffic to even warrant any. This sweet old lady hobbled out of the hairdresser with her fresh blue rinse and trim and totally out of nowhere Michael calls out "Lady, you look so lovely, have a nice day!" Her face was embellished with the most heart warming smile you could ever imagine and I couldn't help but be proud to know this kind hearted idiot. 

We finally roll up outside this homely little pizza takeaway. The sight of someone in the back tossing dough had our stomachs growling straight off the bat. We order horrendous amounts of pizza with all the trimmings knowing that we will surely have half of it scoffed before we leave. 

"Come on we'll sit down for a bit and chat while we're waiting. I'll get you a coke or something?" Michael has the softest little smile, the kind of smile I can never say no to because it just warms you up. We sit down and the pizzas start rolling in, five to be exact but it didn't stop there we had dough balls, cookies, cheesy garlic bread and much more on top of that. We sit down for one of the Pizzas, four cheese topped with pepperoni and a stuffed crust. The smells are just out of this world, oily fatty cheese and a beautifully doughy aroma all waft in from the kitchen, to our cozy two person table in the corner. The cheese pulls in strings all over the place and as hard as I try we end up looking such a mess but part of me didn't mind. Micheal tears off a mouthful of pizza and looks up at me grinning. Fortunately he finishes eating before he starts snickering.

"What?"

He just shakes his head, still laughing embarrassingly loud and plucks off some cheese from my cheek, then of course proceeds to eat it.

"Awe Michael you can be so disgusting!" I laugh