~Chapter 4~

"I'm Ash...wait please I don't want to be alone again, i'd just appreciate some company for a bit" he loosens his grip on my hand slightly so I can wriggle it free from his oddly elongated fingers. I catch a glint across his dark eyes, almost as if he was about to break down to his knees and cry in desperation.

"How long have you been alone Ash ?" his melancholic eyes almost making me weep. He simply stands there motionless

"I lost count over the years. My parents were killed for what they did and I'm just an outcast."

Moving slowly I approach his cold body and embrace it in my grasp carefully placing my arms around his neck and resting my head on his shoulder. I can tell at first he's surprised by actual human contact as he stands there awkwardly for a moment before eventually deciding to wrap his arms around me bunching the clothing on my back in his hands as he desperately clings to me.

He eventually pulls away and looks at me concerned

"You're cold... like through and through... you're really cold. Did he did he get you?" Ash stutters.

"I have no idea what your talking about"

"Luke ! Luke was here and he got you didn't he? "

"Ash what are you talking about, slow down!" I panic backing towards the door again.

"You're cold! Please tell me you didn't see a shadow, a shadow shoot straight through you?"

"Yeah. Well maybe. It was just a shadow Ash I don't se-"

"No! It was not just a shadow, that shadow was Luke! If he has targeted you he will find you!"

"Ash please stop... who's Luke?" I plead, trying him to calm down but i'm just as flustered. Ash pauses closing his eyes to settle himself before walking close to me and pinning me to the door.

"Lead vampire, leader of the cold blooded, leader of the shadows and darkness. He commands the night and whatever it takes with it. They will find you. " He removes his arms and walks over to a wall placing his for head and palms against to wood. His right fingers begin to curl into a fist and he bashes it straight through. A dust cloud engulfs him entirely for a split second. He slowly removes his fist from the wood tugging it free while the wood cracks further. Sighing deeply his voice coated in desperation, he wipes his sweaty palm down the wood until collapsing in a heap against the wall.

"Stupid so fucking stupid. To think I had finally found someone special and she turns out to be another one of his sick games!"

I just stand there completely dumbfounded. I can't leave now he will come after me. I casually walk upstairs like it was my own home, I have a habit of this and directly into what looked like a bedroom. Dust. More dust than air here. I choke and splutter till the cloud clears revealing an old amour, and a mahogany fourposter bed with red satin sheets. After searching every draw and cupboard in the house I eventually find a roll of bandages tucked away in a small draw with a few pins and some ridiculously old medicine I daren't touch. It's probably toxic by now. I make my way out shutting the door with a heavy clack as the metal hinges click into place.

Ashton looks like he's lost in that middle ground mine field of furious and devastated. I crouch next to him taking his bleeding hand in mine. I sit carefully plucking the splinters from his knuckles and look up to see his warm smile for the first time. He had the cutest dimples just below his perfectly structured cheekbones and his smile felt so bright. I plucked out the last wood shaving and begin carefully wrapping his hand in the soft fabric.

Unsure of his reaction I maneuver myself and sit in next to him leaning against the wall. "I'm going to have to go soon, people will be looking for me in the morning." I whisper not wanting to disturb the eerie yet comforting silence. He doesn't move, not even a flinch. "I don't want you to go" desperation still lingered in his voice. I wrap my arms around him once more, each and every time I forget about his delicate bare bones. "Please be careful out there Arabella" he mutters. At first unsure of how he knew my name but his smirk told me that his clairvoyance had kicked in after all. "I will" I smile leaving the house to make my way through the moonlight bathed woodlands, back to where Michael was lazing on my sofa.