Chapter 1

SOO YOUNG's POV

What a boring day at work. There's barely anyone in the cafe as it was a weekday. I took out my phone and scrolled through my social media.

"Aren't you afraid our manager might sack you for slacking? Stop using your phone!" My best friend, also my colleague, Hye Jin warned me.

I rolled my eyes and pointed at the empty cafe, "Who can I serve? No one! Anyway, the manager isn't in. He has a meeting today."

Continuing to scroll through my feed, I was about to turn off my phone when I saw what seemed like an audition poster.

There were letters in block which read "AOMG will be recruiting new members into our company and we would like YOU to join us!"

Isn't AOMG the company that Simon Dominic, my all time favorite rapper is under? Should I go for this? I remember missing out on entering the hip-hop industry once. I definitely wouldn't want history to repeat itself again.

"Hye Jin, I'm going for an audition!" I told her with excitement. "Really? Which company?" She asked. "It's AOMG, you know, Simon Dominic is the co-CEO." I answered.

"Ahh, that's cool. Good luck and don't forget me when you become famous!" She laughed. I nodded, saying that I would remember her, that is, if I succeed in getting chosen.

I couldn't get the idea off my mind during work. I finally have the chance to pursue my dreams and have a proper pay to support my family.

After work, I went home to look into the details of where and when the audition was. I was surprised to find out that it will be held on this Saturday, from 10am to 8pm, at AOMG itself.

Thinking to myself, I thought that it was super last minute. More importantly, was I prepared? I can't probably go there and waste the judges' times. I have to get this figured out somehow.

I went through my belongings in which in there were some verses I wrote in the past. Since I had only 3 days left, I worked on rewriting some of the lyrics and then, memorizing them.

Going online, I registered for the audition. I was told that the reporting time was 9am. Although I felt nervous, I was also very excited,

Looking at the clock, it was already 2am in the morning. I was glad I'm working for the afternoon shift tomorrow. I got a change of clothes and showered before going to bed.

This is my last chance to fulfill my dream. I really want to become a rapper and I hope everything goes well this Saturday...

For the next two days at the cafe, it was pretty much empty. Only that it was more crowded on Friday. Watching people come and go reminded me of the audition even more.

Maybe it was because of how it works. If you fail, you'll go home, but if you make it, you'll enter the company and work on some dope projects.

Before leaving for work on Friday, my manager suddenly came to me, "Soo Young, I heard from Hye Jin that you'll be taking a shot at AOMG?"

Cautious, I whispered, "Yeah, it's tomorrow." To my surprise, my manager gave me a pat on my back and said, "All the best. I know you can do it."

I felt a sense of assurance and thanked him. I was at the door of the cafe when Hye Jin came to me, "Do you want to go have supper together? Maybe we could have a short talk too."