Chapter 1

"Amy, Amy!" Emma cried. "Have you been listening to anything I have said in the past hour?" She asked, folding her arms around her chest and glaring at me like I am her prey, her gorgeous hair falling by her side and her green eyes shining like two head lights.

My hair was never like that. They were straight, but rough. Thick, but frizzy. Long, but dry. Yeah, they never got in awesome stiles, no matter how many types of shampoos I use. My eyes, they were brown but light brown and big. Still I consider myself below 'okay'. Not that it was important.

Emma is my best friend and she came to my home for combine studies for our geometry test tomorrow, but instead, she was telling me all about her trips to Germany or whatever, I couldn't exactly remember. I wasn't listening to her because I was so bored. In fact, I was so bored that I was sleeping with my eyes open.

"Yeah. I was listening." I lied. "You were telling me about your trip to Germany. Right?" I said, searching my mind, thinking hard to remember any words she has been saying, which maybe, my mind has picked up.

"Wrong!" She sighed exasperatedly. "It was ages ago; I was telling you about my neighbor's dog who always bark at me. It's like he is allergic to me."She made a face.

"Seriously Emma? You are telling me about your dog_" I started but got interrupted by her.

"Neighbor's dog." She corrected looking away and started cleaning her perfect nails.

"Whatever." I shifted in my place. "Shouldn't we, at least now, study?" I asked, putting a book away.

To be very honest, I had no will to actually study. A small part in me was actually happy that Emma has been keeping me busy with her stories. It was so late, and we hadn't done a single chapter yet. We are totally going to fail tomorrow.

Suddenly Emma stood up and brushed her red skirt and blouse and stared around. At first I thought she was leaving because what I said, but her face changed into an evil grin. I tried to study her expressions, tried to find out what she was thinking but I couldn't. Her face was blank, except for that evil grin.

She reached for the sofa nearby, picked up two cushions, tossed me one and said, "Well what you are waiting for?"

And like a professional hitter, she started to hit me with the cushion in her hand. I also mingled in the fight. We trading shots to each other and laughing, shouting at the top of our voices. The books rolled and fell onto the ground from the bed, as Emma charged with a mighty roar, and jumped over me almost choking me to death. I laughed and hit her on the face and wriggled from underneath her, and she threw her pillow at me, laughing.

And we ended up doing a pillow fight instead of studying.

Whatever.

***

Emma went to her home around 10:30 pm. At that time I was so exhausted, that I didn't study for my test, after that. I just laid on my bed watching the ceiling of my room, which was covered in stars, which glistened in dark. I switched of my side lamp and looked at the ceiling and a second later a star glowed and many others in its lead. It looked so beautiful. Having a last look at it and I closed my eyes.

At that time nothing mattered to me, except my sleep.