Chapter 14

My eyes fluttered open as the high pitched voice of our neighbour's car horn disturbed my sleep. I lay there, on my bed not wanting to move. The Sunday sun was ablaze and its warm rays were creeping through my half open window. I glanced at my alarm clock and it was showing 9:30 am. Tomorrow at this time, I would be in school attending one of my lessons.

This thought made me realize that I haven't even check on school home works and assignments. I added this thing on my 'To-Do-List' and promised myself to do it the first moment I get.

The last time I went to school was way back on Tuesday. I haven't gone to school for almost a week, but nobody can blame me, even if I couldn't get my homework done they would understand that the shock of losing two best friends, the burden of it. They must and plus the stress of my dream is very much. I was a wreck for a whole week.

I stood up, my last night's dress was all weird and with folds all over it. I went to the bathroom to get ready for another hectic day (probably), when I realized something too magical to believe. I realized that today I got no dream! First I couldn't believe myself; I was too used to getting my dreams. But today, I had no dream.

I stared at my reflection and it stared back at me. My big brown eyes, my messy honey brown hair all tangled in knots, my crooked nose and my lips now all dry.

I shuffled my hair with my hand, although today I had no dream, I was still worried because now it proved my theory wrong that my dreams are real. It left me again in the isolation of the question that if Emma's and Megan's death was just a coincidence.

Whatever little flame of happiness had gathered in my heart, extinguished leaving me again in darkness and coolness of this mystery which has possibly no answer.

I came out of my bathroom and searched my closet for something to wear. Finally I decided to wear a simple violet blouse with a leather black jacket. I got my ripped jeans and long black boots and I was ready.

"I think today I should go and tell Sarah about my dreams, I can't keep this topic on hold anymore. I should tell her before any more dreams find me. I am still in doubts that this is somehow connected, but I will take my chances." I promised myself as I went down to eat something.

This morning, I was really hungry because I hadn't eaten last night. My parent were at their work so I was alone in my house. I browsed through the fridge which was fairly empty, except the left over sandwiches and the last night spaghetti. I took the spaghetti out and put in the microwave while standing and doing my usual work, thinking.

Thinking once again that should I tell Sarah about my dreams? What if she thinks I am joking, trying to scare her? What if she doesn't believe me? What if she thinks that the shock of Emma and Megan's death was too much that I am getting nightmares from it?

No, she will believe me. She has to.

I paced around my kitchen when suddenly, I spotted a note. "A note? What is this doing here?" I asked myself as I went to pick it up. It was a simple blank paper folded in half. I took it and eagerly opened it.

"Hey Amy, sorry I had to go early today. Last night you didn't eat anything so I made you sandwiches." So these sandwiches weren't left overs, I thought. "And today your dad and I are going to be late. You see, we have a dinner with Mr. Walker. Hope you don't mind that, and yes, you can order a pizza. And don't forget, tomorrow is your school and I expect you to finish your work by tonight, I won't take any excuse or you will be grounded. Enjoy your day sweetheart, DO NOT forget to lock the doors properly and switch on all the lights and make the house look lively. I really didn't want to go but Mr. Walker is insisting to much. We will try to come home early so don't worry. Bye and take care. Mom." The note ended.

Wow mum, you are great. I thought.

So today I was alone till late night and I also have to do my school work. I was also worried about my dreams and this whole mystery murderer. The police have questioned us many times, though it was of no use. They couldn't just find the murderer.

Stupid useless institute.

According to whatever information they had gathered, the murderer was a teenager. I didn't know how, but they were saying that the girls were murdered due to an old rivalry.

According to me that was literally very stupid, because the time I have been with Megan and Emma, I have figured out that everyone basically loved them.

But the problem was, Megan suspected Liz killing Emma before her own murderer. She also told me that Liz told her she wasn't coming to Emma's funeral. That was weird but I now have a feeling that's not the only thing they talked about. For some reason, Megan never told me the full thing.

And not to forget the other day when Emma was murdered, Liz wanted to talk about her to me. At that time, it felt alright, but now I was started to feel something suspicious about her.

And on the other hand, for some reason Liz was accusing me for the murderer. Now I finally figured out what she meant. Her words were accusing me of the murder. I can't believe she actually said that, in front of my face. The only theory that proved why she said that, is that she is insane.

I was shook out of my thoughts and anger, when the microwave beeped for the seventh time, telling me that my spaghetti was warm and fresh, again. I opened it and took it out.
The spaghetti looked at me with its grim expression, not at all looking fresh. For some reason, I had lost my appetite. I again put the plate of spaghetti in the fridge. I went towards the door, changed into my boots and took my coat and took off.

I was going to tell Sarah about this all. I have to. If I could figure this much out with the help of my dreams, I am pretty sure two people can do it in a faster time.

After all, life doesn't always give you what you want, the game is how you use the things life gives you to help you.If my dreams are a source of my friends dying, I could also use it to save them or much better, track the killer.

And I jogged down towards Sarah's house, before slamming into someone (Duh, again) I wasn't waiting for.

_____________

Ta-da!
Done, at last.

So, do you like this chapter?
Who do you think Amy slammed into? Do you think that her decision of telling Sarah about her dreams is correct?

Well, I will be waiting for your answers. ^_^
And if you think this chapter deserve a vote, feel free to give it. Hope you do!

And for now, bye bye! Love you all! Next chapter will be here, don't you all worry.

~Black Phoenix