Chapter 11

Alex's p.o.v

"Did you not get sleep last night?" Max asked as we headed to lunch.

"I did, how long was I asleep for?" I asked still shooken up by the dream. We got our trays and started getting food.

"Since class started. You were moving around but no one else noticed," I followed him over to a table and sat in front of him.

"It felt so real though," I sighed as I put a fry in my mouth. After that, I was starving.

"A school shooting where you're in danger is scary," he nodded.

"J-Johnnie," I looked up at him as he came over and sat next to Max.

"Hey, am I interrupting anything?" He asked. He was getting jealous I could tell.

"Not at all," Max was oblivious to the awkward tension.

"I should go, I uh promised my sister I would eat with her," I got up and fixed myself.

"That sucks, see you later then," Max smiled and waved. I walked over to Chrissy and Christina who where sitting with some friends.

"Hey Alex, ditch pretty boy for us?" Chrissy joked. I kicked her from under the table and kept eating.

"Watch it," I told her.

"Didn't lunch just start and you're already half way done with your food," Christina giggled. I looked down at the almost empty tray. Well I was hungry.

"Just hungry man," I didn't want to say anything about the baby because other girls were sitting there. They all gave me weird looks and glares. Seriously, who did not know about me and Mr. Sykes?

"Hey, um is it true that you're pregnant?" Chrissy's friend asked. Chrissy elbowed her and kept eating.

"No," I went back to eat. They were clearly talking about me as I was still here.

"Can y'all shut up?" Chrissy groaned. They looked offended at her sudden snap.

"Oh my god, let's go. We'll see you later," the group of three girls got up and stormed off.

"Jesus, someones over protective," I chuckled. She gave me the finger as another fry was stuffed in her mouth.

"And I thought Alex was the hungry one," Christina teased.

"Clearly not that much," I said. She really was eating a lot. "Are you ok?"

"Yeah why wouldn't I be?" She asked.

"I don't know it's just that you're eating alot more than usual and that you snapped at your friends," I shrugged.

"I'm fine. I'm gonna get to class, the teacher wanted me before," she smiled and left.

"Have you noticed how strange she's been?" I asked Christina. She sighed and nodded.

"She either doesn't eat or eats too much. Lately she's been either stuck in her room or out all night. We haven't spoken to her though," I was genuinely worried. The bell rang meaning lunch was over.

"We'll talk later. See you at home," we got up and hugged before I walked away. I was feeling dizzy. I stopped at a corner and rested my head against the wall.

"Hey Alex, are you ok?" It sounded like Max. I didn't move to face him but I nodded.

"I probably stood up too fast," now I didn't feel good.

"Do you need to go to the nurse?" I turned and collapsed.

~~

Third time in a hospital in a month. First was the damn attack, then it was me not eating, now I just fainted once again. I slowly opened my eyes and saw Max and mom sitting.