.The Division- Chapter 7.

Chapter 7.

I stalked through the doors of the office, Beth was seated at her desk occupied by paperwork. " Dont you ever announce my name over that PA system again. And for your information Bram, probably walked right past you twenty minute ago. To leave with his parents." I said calmly, she was stunned and simply gawked at me and nodded in response. I smiled at her then reached behind her desk and pressed the little red button that buzzed open the door to the rest of the offices.

I rolled my eyes at her and walked away. Glancing back I noted her eyes still watching me.

Hastily I made my to Mrs. Bethanys office to find the doors wide open, I stopped instantly. "hmm, that's odd . The doors are rarely left open like this. maybe she is finally trying something new." I thought, taking a deep breath before entering. I was always unsure of what waited behind them.
"Uhm, Should I be concerned the doors are fully open?" I asked, walking over to the table. Randy glanced up and shook her head as I sat in the empty chair beside her. "probably not, though I think everyone is here now. late as ever. Except Bram of course." Caroline answered, Stepping through the doors, She held a tray of coffee in one hand and files in the other. " Hey! I told Beth not to announce my name again. Make sure that happens." I asked, tapping my finger on the table.

She grinned while placing coffee in front of me. I smiled politely in return, as she was suddenly disappearing through her office door. I looked around the room and it was simply empty, I turned to Randy and gave her a questionable look of concern. "Now do not give me that. They are all out on balcony." She said smirking at me, My eyes focused on those doors. faintly I could hear laughter behind them.

"Hm, it sounds like this will be fun. The purpose is what? I was just here. Oh, you missed it! This one detective sat in her desk and she surprisingly didn't flip out." I said, picking up a spoon and began stirring my coffee, noting that Randys Eyes softened that was never good. " hmm- she must be on some good shit, still hoping she will share one day or one of you finds it and steals it "accidentally. Aww! I miss all the action around here and I can't say. It's better you hear this from someone else, that isn't me." She answered hesitantly tapping her fingers on the table, I glanced over at her, she seemed on edge, she wasn't willing to make eye contact even, I didn't know what to make of it just yet.

"Well, I wonder how worse this is going to get. she's not herself. her demeanor and attitude is all wrong. Maybe I'm finally being expelled?" I thought, taking a sip of my coffee and keeping my head down. I could only hope. I would not mind a break from this place. "Mrs. Bethany will be with you in a moment. she had a meeting er something." Caroline said setting down more beverages on the table. she gestured to my coffee cup and walked over to yet another table, taking a Kraft of coffee then brought it over to me. She smiled then sat down. Randy and I exchanged glances. "Well- you are her book keeper? Shouldn't you know what she's doing." Randy asked her, she simply paid no mind to it.
" A meeting where? In her closet? Also- Caroline. Who is here any way? Don't get me wrong here I love a good tea party as much as Randy does." I said, Watching as she stirred away at her tea. Nothing I said phased her, it never had. That made my anxiety rise, "Oh, Mr. David. A Counselor. Two new students. Nothing out of the ordinary really." She Answered, Her graze shifted to me briefly. The doors to the balcony opened, immediately catching my attention. Randys not so much.

They all came in at once, Chatting away about random things. I rolled my eyes. Not that they seemed to notice. A cloud of smoke and the smell of brandy lingered behind them, I wanted to throw up.
"I'm a bit pressed for time here. so can we move this along?" I asked Irritably, tapping my fingers on my cup. The two boys my age gave me a smug look and I eyed them in return. They were casually dressed for this place, but then again so was I. So fair play on all sides.
Randy laughed quietly. "Well if you insist. since apparently you are running the show today. This is Dr. Flynn whom you know. Christian Hastings And Taylor Greene." Mr. David answered gesturing to them. I waved in response. Taylor eyed me oddly, the other one looked away. "This just keeps getting better and better, sort of glad I decided to come. Not that I had a choice " I thought as I kept my locked eyes on them. Mr. David waved his hand to regain my attention.