Back to school

I didn't go to school for a few days because I kept having reoccurring nightmares about what happened. One night I didn't have a nightmare, I thought everything was getting better, that was before I went to school...

"Good morning sweetheart! Did you have another nightmare?" She was rubbing my hair out of my eyes trying to see if I had been crying. I hadn't cried this morning, I think I was going to try to go to school this morning. 

I get up and get dressed, eat breakfast, and brush my teeth; I grab whatever I have left of a book bag and jump in the car with mom. 

"Are you sure you want to go today?" She was looking at me with this serious, concerned face with her voice a little shaky. She hadn't even started the car yet; so I turn the ignition and the car rumbles on.

"Yea, I'm about as ready as I'll be." I was popping my knuckles like I do when I'm nervous, but don't want people to know it. Mom help my hand and kissed my forehead; and we were off to go back to hell. 

"Do you want me to walk you to the principle's office?" Mom's eyes were tearing up and her lip was quivering, but I can't say anything because I was doing the same.

"Will you be late for work if you do?" I was trying not to sound so dependent on her, but the truth is that I really needed her. 

"No honey, here I'll walk you to the principle's office and then I'll go straight to work ok?" She was trying to make it sound like everything was going to be fine, but once I started thinking about it I didn't really think that was the case.

We got out of the car and she held my hand while we walked to the building, but I was the one who didn't want to let go of her. Before we walked into the door we just looked at each other and opened the doors, like a scene from a cheesy movie, but this was not a movie, this was my life..

As soon as we walked inside my mom started bursting into tears and sprinting towards the lockers, I didn't know what was wrong with her because I had been looking at the floor the whole time. As soon as I looked up I saw the flyers...