Chapter 3: the busy streets of New York

After a long and terrible bike ride, I meet my destination.

By terrible, I mean traffic wise. Well, that's the busy streets of NewYork for you guys!

I get off my bike and lock it on the bike rack. You never know if anyone is gonna steal it! Especially in the busy streets of NewYork! Oh..I already said that... Oops.

I walk into Starbucks and take a seat. Not long after, someone walks through the door. He's wearing nothing but black and he's covering his face. He starts to walk over to me. As I'm getting a little creeped out, he takes a seat in the chair in from of me. Just as I'm about to get up and leave, he speaks.

"It's Louis, love." He laughs while showing his face. A whole pile of relief washes over me.

"W-why are you dressed like that!? You scared me! I thought you were some kind of stalker!" I reply.

"It's so that I don't get recognized by fans." He shrugs. "You know, because I'm part of One Direction."

"But yesterday you weren't in 'disguise'," I answer.

"Yes, because I thought no one would notice me. Boy, was I wrong. After I left Starbucks, a whole pile of Directioners saw me. Let's just say, I almost didn't make it out alive." He laughs.

"What are 'Directioners'?"

"You really have no clue who I am!" He laughs once again.

"Nope." I shrug. "I'll do a little research once I get the chance." I wink.

"Okay!" He cheers. "You aren't going to order anything?"

"Nah, I'm not a big fan of coffee."

"But you had an Icecap yesterday." He says while confusion fills his voice.

"Lets just say that I like to fit in." I answer honestly.

He nods.

"Aren't you gonna order anything?" I say, trying to change the subject.

"I ate before coming here."

"Oh okay." I reply.

A couple of fans came over to our table to ask for a picture with Louis. He gladly took the pictures. The tall girl with beautiful red hair asks if I'm his girlfriend and before I have to chance to answer, Louis tells the that I'm just a friend.

After the girls had left, it was silent until Louis spoke up.

"Tell me about yourself, Lucy."

"Um, well, my name is Lucy." I laugh.

"What do you like to do?" He chuckles.

"Shopping, hanging out with friends, sin-" I freeze."uhm, never mind about the last part."

"What was it!?" He wonders.

"I-It's nothing." I say trying to push the memories away. He gives me a confusing look before shrugging.

"Okay." Louis replies.

"What do you like to do?" I ask.

"I like to spend time with the lads, my girlfriend, and obviously I like to sing." He answers.

Oh, he has a girlfriend... That's uh, kind of upsetting... I thought he thought of me as more than a friend. Don't be stupid, Lucy! He doesn't like you that way! Plus, he just met you! Are you crazy?

"That's great!" I smile. "How long are you in New York for?"

"About a month. We have loads of photo shoots and interviews that we're doing in New York." He replies.