Ch. 7 - Unforgivable and Numb

Okay, so here's my New Year's Eve present to y'all. Hahaha. Embracing my semi-southern roots. lol. Well, have fun tonight to all those who haven't reached 2010 yet... Part-ay! lol. Wow, I'm random. Okay, so I'll try to post another chapter tomorrow. Ring in the New Year right, you know? So, enjoy my last post of the year. (Weird to think of it that way, don't you think?)

As soon as I got back inside, I headed up to my room. The whole time I wondered how long I'd be stuck in there. As I was walking down the hall to my room, I noticed my mom standing in her doorway.

"About tomorrow," I started.

"Dinner will begin at 6 pm sharp." She said, cutting me off. "We'll expect you to be down no later than 5:30 to meet and greet." She paused, appearing to be thinking about something. "You will come straight home after school and we can worry about what you will wear then. Let's see... No, you cannot invite any of your acquaintances, friends, whatever you might call them----the Guest List is already set. And you will not be permitted to leave the house at all until AFTER the party." She paused again, and I just stood there gaping at her. "Yes, I believe that is all... Now go to your room and stay there until morning. I will have one of the maids send something up later..." and with that, she turned on her heel and closed her door, leaving me to stare stupidly at where she once stood.

I stormed down the hall to my room and collapsed at the foot of the bed. Looking at the clock, I noticed it was only 5 pm. I groaned. I was stuck in here for another thirteen and a half hours. I pulled my iPod off my bed and spent the next few hours listening to music. Thank God for music!

It was nearly 9 pm when a maid arrived with my promised 'something'. And guess what that 'something' was... It was bread. Yup, plain bread. She didn't even let me have butter, or jam, or marmalade, or heck, even toasted bread! It was just plain bread from the bag in the fridge. Bread that was kind of soggy on the top from the condensation in the bag. It was gross, but at least it was something. Oh, and I forgot to mention my drink---a nice glass of water. Warm. From the tap. (Trust me, I could tell. It had that chlorine taste from all the treatments it goes through...)

After I finished my 'dinner', I left the tray outside the door. I knew it would be gone by morning that way and I wouldn't be getting in trouble for leaving my room. These were the times that I was especially thankful to have my bedroom and bathroom connected.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The next morning I awoke with a splitting headache. What the hell?! I thought. It's not like I drank anything last night! I staggered to my bathroom and popped a few Tylenol before continuing with my morning routine. Forty -five minutes later, I was in my closet, deciding what the world would see me in today. Not that the world ever really paid me THAT much attention...

After ten minutes, I decided on a pair of dark rinse straight-leg jeans, a black T-shirt, black hoodie, and black converse. Hah, I thought. Way to show my anticipation for tonight! I gathered all of my school things and went outside to wait for Jake.

As soon as I walked out the door, Jake's car pulled up in front of me. I swear, he has to be waiting for me or something... Maybe he has hidden cameras or a tracking device on me, I thought. I definitely read too many spy novels. They were starting to get to my head. Snapping out of my random theories, I climbed into his car and buckled up before turning to him. "Hey, Jake. How's it going?"

He chuckled and gave me a once over. "What's up with the all black? Is there a funeral today?" He joked.

"Haha. Very funny. Now let's get going before my mom decides that I left my room too soon." He gave me a funny look. "Oh, yeah. Yesterday she got mad at me for having Camden over, I guess, and put me under room arrest. I wasn't allowed to leave. You know how it is..."