The Blue Spirit Pt. 1

Xo's POV

  "Can we go now?" Aiko says impatiently. My brother and I were asked by my father to go on a diplomatic mission to the Northern Water Tribe. "I told you, we have to wait for Chieftess Aelin's terms to the agreement." While he is admiring himself in his reflection from the water, he suddenly gives a shocked expression. Assuming he saw someone in the reflection, I turn around and nearly pass out.

  "It's you! W-what are you doing here?" I ask, obviously intimidated. The mysterious Water Tribe 'representative' from about a week ago was right in front of us. "I'm just visiting my sister." "Your sister?" Aiko interjects. "I apologize for my... Rather rude introduction at our last meeting. My name is Rikuto Tang."

  "You're the chief of the Southern Water Tribe!" I say shocked. "Yes, I am." He replies with a sigh. "I already talked with Aelin about your meeting. She agrees to all your terms." "In that case, you guys want to go get lunch?" Aiko wonders. "I could eat," says Rikuto.

We arrive at an old, unkept fish market by the shore. "Seriously Aiko, you couldn't find anywhere else to get our food? You know I hate fish!" I say abrasively. "Okay, one, I'm on a budget. And two, I know you hate fish. That's why we came here," He says with a mischievous grin. "I hate you sometimes." "I know."

  As we sit down to eat, Rikuto starts to act strange. "I just remembered, I have a meeting with Future Industries I have to get to. Sorry, but I gotta go." "You can't just leave-" I try to argue, but he bolts off. "Ugh... I don't like that guy."

  While we eat, I see something out of the corner of my eye. When I turn around, it's gone. "Aiko... Did you see that?" I ask nervously. "See what?" I get up and look around. When I turn I see the shadow again, but only for a second. "Are you okay, Xo?" He wonders. "There it went again!" I yell. "Maybe the fish is messing with your head. Let's just calm down, drink some Jasmine tea, and-" 

  Suddenly, Aiko drops his sea prune stew. "W-what was that? That movement... it was so quick and precise." It was some kind of moving shadow, from one position to the next in under a second. "Let's go check it out." Aiko and I run toward the palace looking for it, where he trips and falls in the moat. Soaking wet, he glares at me and says, "Not a word about this." We continue searching for it until we reach a dark, icy cave. "Maybe this is a bad idea, Xo..." Aiko says as he shivers. "Oh, stop being a coward," I reply passive aggressively.

  "You probably should have listened to your brother," says a cold, deep voice. We turn around and see a tall man in fire nation armor, with a peculiar mask on. "Who-who are you?" I ask, scared out of my wits. "You can call me the Blue Spirit," he replies. He takes out a curved, sharp sword. "Blue Spirit... Where have I heard that name before..." I say, trying to think. Before I can connect any dots, Aiko comes in, "That's a sharp sword, Blue Spirit guy. Careful, you could puncture the hull of an Empire  Class Fire Nation  Battleship leaving thousands to drown at sea. You know- because it's so sharp."

  "As much as I want to slap you right now, I've never been more proud of you Aiko," I say, trying to keep a straight face. "Enough small talk! I'm going to finish this! I'm sure Fire Lord Rochan would pay a lot to have his daughter back. And who knows what the Air Nomads would do." He lifts his sword and runs at us. I do the only thing I can do. With Aiko right behind me we start running. 

  We are led into a beautiful room, with grass and flowers and a pond. If I wasn't about to die I would love to take in the scenery. The Blue Spirit follows us in and grabs Aiko by the collar. "Leave him alone!" I shout. He turns him around and puts his sword and inch away from his throat. "What are you going to do about it, little girl?"