Recovery

Xo's POV

  It has been three days. We remain at the Northern Water Tribe, preparing for our fight with the Blue Spirit. Aiko and I have fully recovered from our last battle, and we are using our free time to learn as much about this 'Blue Spirit' as we can. Chieftess Aelin was generous enough to let us use her library for our research.  "Xo, I think I found something!" Aiko exclaims. I rush over to him and we sit down at an old table. He brushes off the dusty, old book he found and hands it to me. 

"Hong Shen was an actor and firebender known as the Red Spirit. He led a double-life, robbing the Fire Nation military in order to help the poor. After a run in with Zuko, he gave the banished prince a set of dual broadswords and ultimately inspired him to become his alter-ego, the Blue Spirit," I recite aloud. "Zuko... Our great-great-uncle?" Aiko asks. "I knew the name 'Blue Spirit' sounded familiar! This guy is basing his own secret identity after Lord Zuko's." I answer in response.

  "It says here he also used his Blue Spirit identity to free Avatar Aang from a Fire Nation prison." Aiko mentions. We continue collaborating for a few minutes, but then Rikuto and Ten Lee walk in. Ten Lee takes a sip of his Kyoshibucks frappe, and Rikuto says, "Hey guys. What are you up to?" I suspiciously slide the book into my bag, and Aiko just glares at him. "Er... is there a problem?" He asks, slightly worried. In an effort to console him, I reply, "No, not at all. We were just checking out some books in Aelin's library. What about you guys?" "We just got back from a penguin sledding competition," Ten Lee responds. "Fun! I used to love going to those as a kid with Aiko." I say as I look over at him. He still seems tense for some reason, but manages to smile.

  "Well, you guys want to go hang out at the hotel?" Rikuto proposes. "Sure, we can all hang out in my apartment!" I say. Aiko nods and we head toward the building. As Ten Lee and Rikuto head up, I stop Aiko and ask, "Hey, is everything okay? All of a sudden your mood seemed to really drop." "I'm fine," he retorts. "Just... thinking. I'll be alright." "Okay, let's go try to relax. We could use it after what has been going down the past few days." We walk up to my room together.

  "Your room is so much bigger than the rest of ours? How is that fair?" Ten Lee asks rhetorically. We all laugh a little, and then turn on the TV. "Ugh, all that's on is that 'Avatar/Blue Spirit' crap," Rikuto sighs. He turns the TV off and we all just sit down. Aiko seems to be back in his regular perky mood, and begins to settle back in. We all talk for hours. These are my best friends, and even though we haven't been together long, I can't imagine my life without them.