The Avatar: Part 2

Xo's POV

  The Blue Spirit strikes me down, and everything goes black. Yes, I'm the Blue Spectre. After what the Blue Spirit did to me and my brother, I wanted to devote myself to his undoing.

"Xo! Xo! Please, wake up!" A voice shrieks. I wake up to see Aiko by my side. I hug him immediately. It seems to have been about two minutes. I look around to see the Blue Spirit sharpening his sword as Aiko comes to my aid. I look on my left side, and see my mask sliced in half beside me. It blocked his attack and saved my life.

  "So you were the Blue Spectre all along," Aiko sighs as he helps me up. "I'm not surprised," the Blue Spirit scoffs. "Your hatred for me gave you away." I don't feel angry anymore, just glad my brother is by my side. He hands me my sword. "Xo, we have to finish this. For our sake." I nod in agreement. We stand by each other's side, and ready our weapons. Aiko notices he has to take it up a notch, and unsheathes his sword. "Let's get on with it, fools," the Blue Spirit mutters.

  I take advantage of his devotion to offense by targetting his weak points and firebending at the right moment, like acu-pressure. The benefits of being a chi-blocker. He begins to grow angrier, and he creates a wall of ice around me so he can get to Aiko. He swings both swords at him from above, which Aiko reflexively blocks with the side of his blade. Aiko proceeds and counters the attack with a slash to his back with the blade of his sword, knocking him backwards into the pool of water.

The Blue Spirit begins to laugh. "There is one thing you haven't considered," he explains. "I'm a healer." He walks out of the water without a scratch on him, all of his burns and cuts healed. "That's impossible!" He shouts. No waterbender has a healing factor that powerful!" "You've just scratched the surface of my real potential, you scrub." The Blue Spirit replies as he walks toward him, sword in hand.

  "Enough!" I shout as I create a burst of fire, melting the wall of ice around me. I propel myself toward him with my firebending and punch him directly in the face. He loses himself, but this time, there is no shouting. He refuses to speak at all as he picks up his swords and rushes at me. There is something scary about his silence, like he's completely broken. However, before he can get to me, Aiko slices one of his katanas in half, rendering it useless.

  "My blade... How dare you... That was the same sword that belonged to Lord Zuko himself." He tosses it into the river and grips both hands tightly on his other blade. Using his sword as an extension of himself, he creates stream of water, knocking Aiko back and forth against the wall. As soon as I try to intervene, he uses the same technique on me. Aiko smirks, "Using my own unique bending proficiency against me, 'Blue Spirit'? I guess you really are desperate." He attempts to get up, but is continuously knocked over by the constant stream of water. 

  He's on the verge of drowning, so I come up behind the Blue Spirit and elbow him in-between the shoulder blades, causing him to collapse for a moment. I help Aiko up, but he has a limp now. As the Blue Spirit gets up again, he continues to be in absolute silence. But this time, I see something in him that I never did before. Not just weakness, but pain. Real pain and suffering.

  He drops his swords, and moves his hands in a motion that I've never seen before. 

  Then it happened. It was like a rush of pain and death, yet I couldn't feel a thing. He is bloodbending me! I can't move a single part of my body, and the pain is unbearable. "Aiko! Please! Help me!" I scream, because I have nothing else I can do. He tries to get up and stop the Blue Spirit, but starts to be bloodbended himself. "You egotistical monk..." utters the Blue Spirit. I don't understand, but something suddenly clicks inside Aiko.

His eyes start to glow, and an inner power I've never seen inside him is released. No... That's impossible... With the echo of Avatar Korra in his voice, he shouts, "I will not stand for this nonsense any longer." He bursts a wave of water the size of a two story building straight at the Blue Spirit, and even he knows there is no escape from it. It crashes on top of him, flooding the entire street. He limps off behind a building a few dozen yards from where we are. Aiko begins to feel a great anger, and while remaining in the Avatar State, creates a sphere of air around us, ready to attack him.

  I put my hand on his shoulder. "Aiko!" I shout over the loud wind. "It's okay! We won. It's all over, and he won't be coming back." The wind current begins to calm down, and he falls to his knees. It's over, I repeat in my head several times.