Alone

Aiko's POV

"Xo! Did you see what's on the news?" I rush into her Northern Water Tribe suite outside the palace, and sure enough, she is watching the same thing I was. She gets up and turns off the TV. "Wow... I'm already trending." She says, trying to sound optimistic. "Trending? You are all over the news!" I reply, super excited.

  "Aiko, this is bad. I don't want people to know that the Avatar is back yet. Now I'm all over the news about how some mystery girl is the new Avatar!" She seems really upset. "All of the images were blurry. No one has any leads on who the Avatar is, but it gives people a beacon of hope that 16 years later, the new incarnation has returned." I feel really wise after saying that. "I guess you're right. And it's not like I can hide it forever. Thanks."

  We take a walk outside, and run into Rikuto and Ten Lee who were having a conversation. "Ten Lee?! I-I thought you were on Kyoshi Island!" Xoe exclaims nervously. I whisper over to her, "Play it cool." "I left Jeni in charge so I could come hang out with you guys." He responds. Xo sighs and replies "What? You left Jeni of all people in charge? She's the intern! She can't even work the Kyoshibucks cash register correctly!" "She'll be fine. Probably." He says unconfidently. In an attempt to save the conversation, I change the subject.

  "So, you and Rikuto have gotten aquainted I see." "Hardly! He thinks Cabbage Corp. cabbages are better than Kyoshibucks coffee!" Ten Lee argues. Oh no... Here comes Xo... "You WHAT?! Kyoshibucks is the best!" "Don't make me laugh. Cabbage Corp has the best cabbages there is." Rikuto replies condescendingly. "Well you know what I think? Fire Flakes are the greatest! They are so much better!" I interject, trying to get my point across. "How could my own brother do this to me? I'm hurt," Xoe whines.

  "This argument is going to go on forever. Let's just agree to disagree." I shout in an attempt to stop infinite arguing. Rikuto throws a chunk of water in my face, but the fighting stops as everyone laughs, including me. "Well, I'm gonna go for a walk. See you guys later!" Xo says as she walks off. "I'm gonna go get some KYOSHIBUCKS!" Kitty shouts, glaring directly at Rikuto. "Well, I guess that leaves just you and me." I say turning to Rikuto. "Yep. Hey, want to come hang with me and my sister?" Rikuto asks. "Aelin? Sure. Got nothing better to do," I reply as Kizo crawls onto my shoulder.

  "Wow, sure is a nice place." I say, as my voice echoes throughout the icy palace. Aelin is sitting on her throne reading when we walk in. "Hey sis," Rikuto says as we step toward her. "Ugh... You interrupted me during the best part of my book! Thanks a lot Rikuto!" Aelin roared. "Don't mind her, she has a thing for books," Rikuto mutters to me. As I look around the palace looks like a huge library, shelves with books everywhere. "Books aren't everything you know." I say directly. Aelin gets extremely defensive and almost shouts "How dare you! Books are amazing. There is nothing better." "Aelin, there is more to life than books. They can't teach you everything-" "Why is he here?" She demands, looking at Rikuto. "Well, he had nothing better to do," he responds with a shrug. I whisper over to him, "Yeah, she totally likes me," and he elbows me back.

  We all talk for a little while about generic topics, and then Aelin inevitably brings up the news about the Avatar. "Well, would you look at the time! I better go. I've got some things I need to take care of." I start to walk out. "Yeah, I should go too. I have some- business to attend to," Rikuto agrees.

  I decide to watch the sunset, so I head toward the front of the tribe. I see a dark, tall figure in the distance, but keep walking anyway. As I get closer, I notice who it is. The Blue Spirit... I start to back away. I'm not strong enough to face him on my own, I think.

  As I step backwards, he turns, hearing the churning of the snow beneath me, and we look at eachother eye to eye. "Well, well, well. It looks like it's my lucky day." He takes his curved katana out, which splits into two blades. I'm so dead, I think to myself. "This time you don't have your sister to protect you. You're nothing. You're weak!" He runs toward me with both swords in hand. However, as I back away, a new confidence rushes through my body. "Yes, I'm alone. But you're going to see just how 'weak' I really am!" I draw my sword and bolt toward him.