Chapter SEVEN

Tyra

After dropping Cay them off my dad and I rode in awkward silence as the radio played.

"You want anything to eat" my dad asked and I nodded.

"How about we go in have a sit down lunch" He suggested and I nodded again thinking this would be a good time to talk to him.

"What do you have in mind"

"I really don't know as long as I get to eat it don't matter" I said and he chuckled.

"Let's go to denny's and have brunch then" He said and I nodded agreeing.

On our ride to Denny's I texted Cayla why she complained about all the work she'll be missing while we suspended. Once we got to the restaurant we got out the car and headed inside. Once we were seated I opened the menu looking through deciding what I was going to order feeling eyes on me I looked up and found my dad staring at me with a smile and I smiled back.

"So who won the fight" he asked and I laughed.

"I wasn't in the fight you do know that right" I asked laughing and he nodded.

"I know but I want to know did my nieces win" he said.

"Yea they won they beat they ass actually I'm talking about black eye busted lip and all" I said and he shook his head.

"That's wassup they get they fighting from me I was that nigga of ass whooping"

"Yea ok" I said looking back down at my phone that beeped.

Looking down at the phone it was Cayla asking me did we talked yet and I told her no and stop being impatient.

"So dad what you been up to" I asked not knowing how to start conversation and he looked at me and frowned.

"Busy being the shit why wassup" he said smiling and I rolled my eyes.

"You so fucking cocky" I said and moments later a waitress came to take our orders and when she looked at my dad her face lit up and I mugged her.

"Can you bring our drinks last" I asked with a smile and she payed me no attetin as she looked my dad over.

"Sure" she replied but her eyes stayed glued on my dad and I rolled my eyes.

"I'll take a sampler for my food thot" I said mumbling the last part and she wrote it down not hearing me call her a thot.

"And you sir" she asked iting her lips. I dont see why everyone was so found of him he was in his late 30's but he was build and he stood about 6'2 he was brown skinned with a sleeve full of tatoos and dreads see what i mean "an average ass nigga".

"I'll have a patty melt" my dad said finally looking up at the lady and she smiled.

"What would you guys like for your drinks" she spoke smiling hard.

"A sprite" my dad said smiling back at her blind to the fact that she was giving him heart eyes.

"I'll take a lemonade " I said and she wrote it down and walked away.