Italian Nights

Title: Italian Nights ft. Seolhyun from AOA
Genre(s): Fluff, romance, slight smut, slight angst
Warnings/Kinks: PG-13 for descriptions of sex and possible swearing
Description: Hardworking and goal-oriented Kyungsoo finally breaks down and agrees to go on a trip to Europe with Seolhyun, but he never expects to meet the love of his life there.

Hard work was something that I always considered to be important to me. Ever since I was old enough to understand what it meant to work hard, I've done just that. In my school days, while all my peers and friends were whining about how it's impossible to reach goals when life is so unpredictable, I was writing down everything I wanted to accomplish in my life and checking nearly half of them off by the time I graduated high school. 

But when I look back on those days now, I think of how easy and simple my life was back then. There were no bills to pay or clients to take care of; the only responsibilities I had to worry about were getting good grades and getting enough sleep. It wasn't until my adult years that I realized how right my friends actually were about life being unpredictable. It was like I was riding down this straight and narrow path my life and then all of a sudden, the train disconnected and took a different course.

It all started when I was offered an all-expenses-paid trip to Europe for one month. Being me, I declined at first because there was far too much work that I'd be missing, but, as it turns out, I might have been a little more easily persuaded than I thought myself to be.

"For the thousandth time, Seolhyun, I can't," I said, looking up at my highly annoyed assistant from my desk. "I have all these clients that need artwork for their ads and taking a month off to go on some vacation would throw me off and upset them."

"Okay, maybe you didn't hear me fully," she said, "but this is not a vacation. It's a business trip if you want to look at it like that. A business trip that allows for a little extra playtime in between."

I rolled my eyes and spun my chair toward her. "And what exactly would we be doing on this business trip?" I asked, ready to hear his completely made-up answer.

"There is this clothing company, right," she began, throwing his hands in all different directions as he spoke, "and they need help getting their name out. So, when they called me up and asked if I knew anyone that could help them out, I, being the wonderful assistant I am, told them I know this very talented art director...you."

"Okay, even if that is a real story," I said, "there would be far too much I need and too little time to get it. I'd need a proper set, models, an advertising idea from the company, a photographer...and to get all of that in two weeks? That would be like asking our boss for a raise. It's impossible."

"No, but you see," Seolhyun persisted, following me as I stood up and walked over to my art table, "I've worked all of those details out with the CEO. He said that he will provide anything and everything we need, even a great photographer that lives in Rome to take whatever pictures you need. Soo, it's all set: the money, the lodging, the everything. All I have to do is call him back and say we're in."

I sighed, moving around some sketches to get to the one I wanted. "I don't know," I said, shaking my head lightly.

"What don't you know?" Seolhyun said. "What's so troubling about a free trip to Europe for an entire month? Not to mention how much we'll get paid if this company does well. I mean, it could be like winning the lottery"

"Yeah, but it's also Europe," I said, looking her in the face and putting a pause on my work. "There is so much there that could distract me from getting anything done and then the ads turn out like shit and the company fails, ruining our reputation. Anything and everything could go wrong."