Prologue

Hello, my name is Loren Grace Melendez, and I'm 13 years old and I'm officially an 8th grader! However, I'm rather upset that I have to move schools. I mean I kind of liked my school, but I got bullied a lot. I don't know why, I hung out with the popular people and I dated like the hottest guy in school. But believe it or not, people are hella fake. Like fr, like someone I thought was my best friend was talking about how I look 16 and stuff. It irritates me so much.

Also, I look like Peyton List, and I think of that as a great thing. But, people in school bully me for that too. People be like "Hey Lorie, ooooh, hey Lorie ooooh." Mocking the iconic Jessie theme song. I'll admit, the first and second time I laughed along cuz it was really funny, but then people everywhere were saying it, even the nerds were saying it, of course behind my back. I told my parents and they wanted me to go to a new school. I didn't really want to though, but they insisted. Plus they really wanted to move out to Virginia since my grandparents lived there. I told my "best friends," and they seemed pretty upset, until I overheard them talking in the locker room saying, "Thank god that b*tch is finally getting out of this school. Maybe 8th grade won't be so bad after all." And then the whole squadron nodded their head and was like yeah. I was upset, but until the last day of school I just pretended like I didn't hear anything and they were my real friends. So forget them I'm going to Virginia.

I'm a bit sad though, there was one girl who WAS always there for me and loyal. Her name was Krysta. She was really nice to me, but kinda fake (Sorry Krysta, but it's true). She acted like she hated my guts in front of the squad, but then when we were alone, we were BFFs. I asked her why she did all that and she said it's because she hates when people hate her and I get it.

Anyways, tomorrow is moving day and the huge trucks are going to be here to collect our stuff, well what's left of it. A truck came today and got some of it, but we still have a lot of stuff to take still. Right now, I have to sleep on a mattress. Ugh, I'm going to miss Maryland!