Chapter 4: Trouble In Paradise

When we drove up to this place, I swear me and my brother gasped at the same time! For real, I honestly thought we were bout to be staying in some rat infested Days Inn.

Dad: Don't you guys get too happy yet, you haven't even SEEN the whole thing yet!

Mom: Yeah, this place is absolutely amazing. Me and your Dad went here when we were 18 and 20. We had the time of our lives!

Dad looks at my mom with warning eyes, but I just shake it off. Anyways, we check in and get everything situated. Then comes the lecture.....

Dad: LOREN! MAX! SIT YOUR BUTTS DOWN RIGHT HERE!

Me and Max (scared for our lives): Yes dad... (We said like we were slaves)

Dad: I'll start off with Loren.....

Me: Yes Dad...?

Dad: Guess what I found on YOUR PHONE!

Me: What Dad?

Dad: You liked all of this boy named Cameron Dallas's pictures and commented bae on them....

Me: Umm, Dad, you're a pretty smart guy. Did you happen to see the blue verified check next to his name and the millions of other girls saying the same thing....

Dad: AND...

I roll my eyes, cuz he is wasting my time fr fr....

Dad: I found this DM with this boy named Jake.....

Jake was that hot boy I dated back in school. I never really told my Dad cuz I knew he would freak out. Also, I can't believe that I didn't delete my messages with him....

Dad: Lemme see here... WHY DID YOU SAY HEY BOYFRIEND?????

Me: Umm, umm, it's the new trend... (I said biting my lips)

Dad: Mmmh.... WAIT A GOOD MINUTE HERE!!!!!!!!! WHY IS HE SENDING YOU SHIRTLESS PICS????

Now my brother over here trying to get revenge on me by doing the same thing I did to him in the van. I turn my head and mouthed "You already knew about this!" But he just continued laughing.

Dad: Loren, care to explain yourself..........

Mom: Um, Mark hunny, can we...

Dad: WAIT A MINUTE, WHAT ON EARTH HAVE YOU BEEN SAYING LORREEEEEENNNN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"I'm so bored, my parents aren't home Loren, wanna come over ;)"

"Umm my dad will be mad, but sure ;)"

"Yay!"

"Tonight was fun!"

"Yeah it sure was.. :)"

Dad: LOREN GRACE MELENDEZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Me: Dad.... it's NOT what it looks like.......

Max: You never told me this part... (He sits there and says out loud and then busts out laughing.)

Dad: Loren, I DO NOT want to hear from you. GO TO YOUR ROOM NOW!!!!!!!!!!! And you, now it's your turn.

Mom: Umm, Mark can we....

Dad: Not right now Laura, I'm trying to control these kids, because obviously YOU'RE not doing a good enough job at raising them....

Mom: Ugh.. (Mom turns away and heads out the hotel and slams the door on her way out....

Max: Dad... um....

Dad: No, no... do NOT worry about Mom, worry about yourself right now. Max I like how you were laughing at your sister's messages when yours are FAR worse......

Max: Dad.. umm.... look..

Dad: Nope, I do not wanna hear it.... I saw you and her sending nudes and very, very racy texts....

Max: Dad.... I'm sorry, but at least I'm not 13 and having s*x with some boy....

Dad: Well I'm happy you're not gay son, but I'm very infuriated with you. Don't you know how dangerous sending nudes are... When you break her heart, your nudes will be everywhere, faster than Ricegum's YouTube grew...

Max: You watch Ricegum?

Dad: That's NOT the point. Wait til Mom hears about this....

Max: Well, let's see if she actually wants to talk to you first....

Dad: I'VE HEARD ENOUGHHHHH OF YOU MAXIMILLIAN, GO TO YOUR ROOOOMM!!!!

Dad: Hmph.. These kids won't see these phones til' their 80th birthday.....