Where's The Money? (Unedited)

"Good morning, love."

I kissed Nathan's cheek as he sat on the counter, drinking coffee and being on his phone.

"Hey," he said, not even bothering to glance my way.

'Be like that,' I thought to myself. Don't get confused; I wasn't scared of Nathan. I simply didn't want to get into another argument with him - I was far too tired for that kind of a mess.

"You're going out?" He finally asked as I grabbed my handbag from the minuscule furniture in the living room. The one that was supposed to act as a couch.

"Yeah, I have to meet Nikki, a friend of mine. You know her."

"Yeah, sure," he said, waving me off like adults usually do when their three years old comes to tell them about a magical discovery. He was starting to get on my nerves, but I managed to keep my cool, and I do believe I deserve some award for this.

"Okay, then I guess I'll see you later." I  began to make my way towards the main portal before something came up and forced me to stop in my tracks. "Hey, Nathan, um, I was checking my bank account yesterday, and I can see that you took some money from there."

He took four thousand dollars!

"And?"

I raised a brow, turned around and crossed my arms.

"And that's quite a lot of money," I said the annoyance no longer hidden and crystal clear through my tone. "We're not Kardashians, Nate. We can't go on and about removing thousands of dollars every time we feel like it, and you can't touch my money without letting me know first!"

I couldn't see his face because that jerk- I mean, that man, was still looking away from me.

"I.. um... uh..."

I crossed my arms. If that was Nathan's explanation, then we were going to have a serious problem.

"Yo... You're selfish!" He finally said before he turned the stool around and looked at me. "We moved and did you expect me to pay for everything?"

"Absolutely not, but we need to talk about these things! I can't see you every day with you not saying anything only for me to then find out through some freaking bank app! And what did you use the money for?"

"T-the... rent."

"Okay, so if you used my money to pay rent, what did you pay? I thought you told me last time that you had enough saved up to pay for rent, fees, and the applications. My job was to furnish and decorate the place. You know that money was to do that!"

"I...um. Just fucking stop questioning me already! What is this? Some fucking interrogation?!"

Welp, there goes the quiet and peaceful morning.

The door was closed, but he was speaking, well more like yelling, and I feared the neighbors would hear us. I wasn't particularly interested in becoming the couple that's always arguing loud enough to wake the dead.

"You took my money, and you won't tell me where it is. Some people call it theft. So yes, if it needs to be an interrogation, that's what it will be."

I hated this.

I know some of you might think that Nathan is not a very good guy, but he's a good man. He was going to become my husband, and I didn't like to see us fighting like that before we even got married. I just wanted to be happy, but I refused to let a man walk over me. The least I could do if I was going to fight for this relationship was to stand up for myself.

He quickly stood from his seat and stomped my way looking furious that I had compared him to a thief, but I didn't move an inch. When he realized that I wasn't going to move, he stood there, fists clenched, just about a foot away from me.