Chapter 1

Hey!!!

I think many of you have read "Night World by L.J Smith"... So I am thinking of writing a zarry out of one of the storis :)

So what do you think?

Here is the first chapter :) Enjoy!!

Disclaimer: I don't own the amazing guys of One Diretion and neither this amazing plot since it belongs to L.J Smith :) I only own the changes I made...

*********************************************************************************************************

Chapter 1

"Family means no one gets left behind or forgotten."        ~David Ogden Stiers 

                             **************************

It happened at Zayn’s birthday party, the day he turned five years old. 

“Can we go in the tubes?”, He was having his birthday party at a carnival and it had the biggest climbing structure of tubes and slides he had ever seen.

His mother smiled. “Okay kitten, but take care of Timmy. He’s not fast as you are”.

They were the last words his mother ever said to him.

Zayn didn’t have to be told, though. He always took care of Timmy: he was a whole month younger than he was, and Timmy wasn’t even going to kindergarten next year. He had silky black hair, blue eyes and a very sweet smile. Zayn had dark hair too, but his eyes were brown — brown as chocolate, Mom always said. Brown as his favorite hot chocolate.

As they climbed through the tubes he kept glancing back at Timmy, and when they got to a long row of vinyl-padded stairs — slippery and easy to slide off —Zayn held out his hand to help Timmy up.

Timmy beamed at him, his tilted blue eyes shining with adoration. When they had both crawled to the top of the stairs, Zayn let go of his hand.

Zayn was heading towards the spider web, a big room made entirely of rope and net. Every so often he glanced through a fish-bowl window in one of the tubes and saw his mother waving at them from below. But then another mother came to talk to his and Zayn stopped looking out. Parents never seemed to be able to talk and wave at the same time.

He concentrated on getting through the tubes, which smelled like plastic with a hint of old socks. He pretended that he was a rabbit in a tunnel. And kept an eye on Timmy — until they got to the base of the spider web.

It was far in the back of the climbing structure. There were no kids around, big or little, and almost no noise. A white rope with knots at regular intervals stretched above Zayn, higher and higher, leading to the web itself.

“Okay, you stay here, and I’ll go up and see how you do it”, he said to Timmy. This was a sort of fib. The truth was that he didn’t think Timmy could make it, and if she waited for him, neither of them would get up.

“No, I don’t want you to go without me”, Timmy said. There was a touch of anxiety in his voice.

“It’s only going to take this much time”, Zayn said holding out his thumb and finger to show the small time. He knew what Timmy was afraid of, so he added, “No big kids are going to come and push you”.

Timmy still looked doubtful. Zayn said thoughtfully,” Don’t you want ice cream cake when we get back to my house?”

It wasn’t even a veiled threat. Timmy looked confused, then sighed heavily and nodded. “Okay, I’ll wait here Zaynie”.

And those were the last words Zayn heard him say.

Zayn climbed the rope. It was even harder than he had thought it would be, but when he got to the top after all the struggle it was wonderful. The whole world was a squiggly moving mass of netting. He had to hand on with both hands to keep his balance and try to curl his feet around the rough quivering lengths of the cable. He could feel the air and sunlight; he laughed with exhilaration and bounced, looking at the coloured plastic tubes all around him.

When he looked back down for Timmy, he was gone.

Zayn’s stomach tensed. Timmy had to be there. He’d promised to wait.

But he wasn’t. Zayn could see the entire padded room below the spider web from here, and it was empty.

Okay, Timmy must have gone back through the tubes. Zayn made his way, staggering and swaying, from one handhold to another until he got to the rope. The he climbed down and stuck his head in a tube, blinking in the dimness.

“Timmy?”, His voice was a muffled echo. There was no answer and what she could see of the tube was empty. “Timmy!”

Zayn  was getting a very bad feeling in his stomach. In his head, he kept hearing his mother say, Take care of Timmy. But he hadn’t taken care of him. And Timmy could be anywhere now, lost in the giant structure, maybe crying, and may be getting showed around by big kids. May be even going to tell Zayn’s mother.

That was when he saw the gap in the padded room.

It was big enough for a four year old or a very slim five year old to get through. A space between two cushiony walls that led to the outside. And Zayn knew immediately that it was where Timmy had gone. It was like him to take the quickest way out. He was probably on his way to Zayn’s mother right now.

Zayn was very small for a five year old. He wiggled through the gap, only sticking once. Then he was outside, breathless in dusty shade.

He was about to head towards front of the climbing structure when he noticed the tent flap fluttering.

The tent was made of shiny vinyl and its red and yellow stripes were much brighter than the plastic tubes. The loose flap moved in the breeze and Zayn saw that anyone could just lift it and walk inside.

Timmy wouldn’t have gone in there, he thought. It wouldn’t be like him at all. But somehow Zayn had an odd feeling.

He stared at the flap, hesitating, smelling dust and popcorn in the air. I’m brave, he told himself, and sidled forward. He pushed on the tent beside the flap to widen the gap. And he stretched his neck and peered inside.

It was too dark to see anything, but the smell of popcorn was stronger. Zayn moved farther and farther until she was actually in the tent. And then his eyes adjusted and he realized he wasn’t alone.

There was a tall man in the tent. He was wearing a long light-colored trench coat, even though it was warm outside. He didn’t seem to notice Zayn because he had something in his arms, and his head was bent down to it, and he was doing something to it.

And then Zayn saw what he was doing and he knew that grown-ups had lied when they said ogres and monsters and things in fairy-tale books weren’t real.

Because the tall man had Timmy, and he was eating him.

****************************************************************

What do you think?

Should I continue?

Vote, comment and fan!!:)

I'll also update my other stories after 25th since I'm having my exams before that :(

And I'll try to put up another chapter by this week.... If I can get 5 votes for this I think I'll try to update sooner :)

Love,

1D_Zayn_Malik