Chapter 3

Thanks for all you amazing people for your votes and comments!! :) It really means a lot!

Well, I wrote a new chapter :)

I'm dedicating this chapter to  teeheeusedbutt :) 

Hope you all like it!!:)

I made a lot of changes in this chapter compred to the previous ones :) 

Enjoy!! :)

Disclaimer: I don't own anything here other than the small tiny changes I made. :)

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Chapter 3

God, it stank.

Zayn Malik had seen a lot of vampire lairs in his seventeen years, but this was probably the most disgusting. He held his breath as he stirred the nest of tattered cloth with the toe of one boot. He could read the story of this collection of garbage as easily as if the inhabitant had written out a full confession, signed it, and posted it on the wall.

One vampire. A rogue, an outcast who lived on the fringe of both human and the Night World. He probably moved to a new city every few weeks to avoid getting caught. And he undoubtedly looked like any other homeless guy, except that none of the human homeless would be hanging around an old warehouse on a Tuesday night in early November.

He brings his victims here, Zayn thought. The warehoue’s deserted, it’s private, and the vampire can take his time with them. And of course he can’t resist keeping a few trophies.

Zayn’s foot stirred them gently. A pink—and—blue knit baby jacket, a plaid sash from a school uniform, a Spiderman tennis shoe. All blood stained. All very small.

There had been a rash of missing children lately. The police would never discover where they had gone—but now Zayn knew. He felt his lips draw back slightly from his teeth in something that wasn’t a smile.

He was aware of everything around him: the soft splash of water from the small stream which had garbage floating on it, the rank coppery smell that was almost a taste, the darkness of a night lit only by a half moon. Even the light moisture of the cold breeze against his skin. He was aware of all of it without being preoccupied with any of it—and when the tiny scratch sounded behind him, he moved as smoothly and gracefully as if he was taking his turn in a dance.

He pivoted on his left foot, drawing his beloved swordin the same motion, and without a break in the movement, he stabbed straight to the vampire’s chest. He drove the blow from his hips, exhaling in a hiss as he did it, putting all his strength behind it.

“Gotta be faster than that”, he said.

The vampire, skewered like a hot dog, waved his arms and gibbered. He was dressed in filthy clothing and his hair was a bushy tangle. His eyes were wide, full of surprise and hatred, shining as silver as an animal’s in the faint light. His teeth were just like how authors describe in their book, their front two canines were longer than humans making it easier to suck blood or in easier terms, fangs.

“I know,” Zayn said. “You really wanted to kill me. Life’s tough, isn’t it?”

The vampire snarled one more time and then the silver went out of his, leaving only the look of astonishment. His body stiffened and slumped backward. It lay still on the ground.

Grimacing, Zayn pulled his wooden sword out of the chest. He started to wipe the blade on the vampire’s pants, then hesitated, peering at them closely. Yes, those were definitely little crawly things. And the blankets were just as repulsive.