Meeting My Plaything

Garrett's POV

I sat at my desk on a very important business call, my feet on the desk as I tapped my pen on my thigh. "You're telling me that if I refuse to renovate, we could be shut down?!" I yelled into the phone as I listened to the nervouse reply I earned. "That is complete and utter bullshit! You can find yourself another business partner, Stevens' Enterprises will no longer assist you." I threw my pen across the room as I hung up the phone. How dare he try to play me as a fool! I stood up from my desk and began pacing the room, calculating the damage that my rash choice making has caused.

My pacing was interrupted by a knock on my door. Before I could speak the door opened and my butler Jared bowed his head. "Sorry to interrupt Sir, but your new pet has been delivered. He's waiting downstairs" Jared said, his tone lacking any emotion. I pinched the bridge of my nose and exhaled heavily. I totally forgot about my pet being delivered today. "Alright. I'll be down immediately. Jared, do me a favor and come calculate these numbers. I just ended a contract with Dernz Enterprises and I need to be sure this won't come back to bite me in the butt." I said as I began loosening my tie and rolling my sleeves up.

I walked out of my office, leaving Jared to finish up for me. I walked through the hallways, maids and slaves dodging me as I walked. They knew better than to look me in the eye, let alone crossing my path. I smirked to myself as I walked down the stairs, taking my time. Before I could make it all the way down, I caught sight of a cage. I already knew what, or who, was inside. I walked up to the cage and picked up the file that rested on top. I opened it and grinned at what I read, looking down at the cage.

Oh.. This will be fun.