Introducing Darren

Garrett's POV

I ran my fingers over the top of the cage, listening to the stirring coming from inside. I open the cage and tap the top gently. "C'mon out. We don't have all day." I tapped my foot impatiently as I watched the male appear. I watched him, surprised by how beautiful the boy was. He was short, no taller than 5'3. He had long hair that was held together in a messy bun by what seemed to be a shoelace. The boy's skin was as smooth as silk and the color of cashews, browned by the oven after roasting. I walked over to the shy male and gripped his cheeks, lifting his head to inspect his facial features. He had eyes that were the color of emeralds but as deep as an abyss at the bottom of an ocean. His lips were plump and the color of powder pink. They were noticeably dry from dehydration but that didn't take away from his beauty. He was obviously cared for poorly at the market where he stayed because his clothes were not only dirty, but torn and raggedy. He had dirt smudges on his face and in his hair, changing him from the natural bleach blond to a dirty blond.

"What's your name boy?" I asked him as I still maintained my grip on his face. "And look at me before you answer." I could feel the blood rush to the boy's cheeks under my fingers as he heated in blush. He spoke but it was so soft, that I wouldn't have known if it wasn't for his lips movement. "Louder boy. What good is talking if I can't hear you?" I asked sternly as I released my grip on his cheeks.

"My name is Daren.." I heard the boy say softly, his eyes not able to focus on mine. His voice was music to my ears and a smile crept onto my face. 'I'm gonna enjoy breaking this one.' I thought to myself as I folded my arms across my chest. I liked his name, it fit him. "Follow me Daren, don't slack or fall behind." I said sternly as I turned on my heels and began waling back upstairs to my bedroom. I passed a maid in the hall and told her to have the cage delivered to my bedroom, never breaking a step.