Getting to know Daren

Garrett's POV

I began brushing through the tangled locks as we sat in silence. "How old are you Daren?" I asked, suddenly breaking the silence. "Eighteen sir.." He said softly. "Have you been trained at all?" I asked, curiously. "No Sir... This was all sorta sprung up on me" He replied as he picked at the carpet. 'Sprung up on him? I'll have to reread his file' I thought to myself.

"Well there are rules here you need to follow. Good behavior is rewarded and bad behavior is punished." I tapped the top of his head with my brush to hold his attention. He nodded and I carried on. "Alright I'm about to give the rules. Listen because they won't be repeated.

Rule one: When you enter my bedroom, clothes are immediately removed.

Rule two: You keep your head bowed around superiors, other staff members excluded.

Rule three: you're not allowed on furniture without permission.

Rule four: you always address me as Master. Nothing more or less.

Rule five: Don't speak unless spoken too.

Remember these rules, my punishments aren't kind. And there will be more down the line, I just don't want to overwhelm you." I tap his cheek, letting him know that his hair is done. He slid from between my legs and sat across from me. I opened my mouth to speak but was interrupted by Jared's clothing delivery. He didn't speak, simply placing the clothed on the bed and exiting. I didn't get upset, he was probably busy, it was nearing dinner time anyway.

I tossed his clothes to him and stood up from the bed. "Get dressed and hurry up. It's almost supper time" I said as I crossed my arms over my chest and watched him.