Chapter 5

Bre's POV

Then, Will saw it!

On the television that was broadcasting behind us there was recent celebrity news. Dylan and I happened to make the story that day.

Pentatonix acquired new on tour choreographers last night at the Titanium Show Choir Fest. Leaders of the group, Bre and Dylan, were asked to join the A Capella group on tour and they agreed. In other news...

The broadcaster went to a different story, because ours literally wasn't that important. There was pictures of Dylan and I on the screen from the show last night giving our speeches.

Alexa squealed with joy and hugged me, "I'm so happy for you guys! I'm definitely coming to the Dallas show when it is here!" She then hugged Dylan. I looked out of the corner of my eye to see Seth eyeing me.

I turned to him, "There seems to be a problem. What's the sitch?" He mumbled something towards Meg and she laughed then looking at me very rudely.

"Why is it that you guys are picked? There's so many better people out there. Break the deal. Let them pick better people so they can be even more successful." Seth spit at us. Alexa and Dylan were now facing him.

"Woah, why are you saying this?" Alexa said stepping towards Seth, "You should be proud and happy for them."

Will, Seth, and Meg then laughed together. "They're horrible. They don't deserve it. They were bad leaders at a show choir group, so how could they be betters ones for a professional group?" Will said while laughing.

I thought they were happy for us. We took the offer because we thought they'd understand. Friends are supposed to be supportive. Why aren't they?

Tears swelled in my eyes. Meg then stepped in front of Dylan and I, "You will never be good."

That's when I lost it. My face grew red and my body shook. Tears cascaded down my face as I turned and walked out of the building. Dylan caught up with me and was crying as well. Alexa ran up and gave us a group hug. "Hey guys. It's okay. I'll fight if you want me to."

"That won't be necessary," Dylan said while bawling, "Fighting won't resolve anything."

I watched as Seth came up with Will and Meg following behind him. Seth tapped Dylan on the shoulder and Dylan turned. As soon as Dylan turned around, Seth punched him in the jaw. Dylan fell to the ground holding his face.

It all happened in a blur. Alexa started screaming at Seth while Meg came up to me. She tried to shit talk me, but I pushed her out the way. I ran up to Seth and started punching on his chest. He didn't seem to be affected by it and was pacing while I punched him. "Why would you fucking do this, Seth. He's your friend!"

Seth ran his hands through his hair, "Fuck fuck fuck." I stopped trying to knock sense into Seth and rushed towards Dylan. There was blood oozing out of his nose and a black eye was starting to form. It was a pretty good hit.

Alexa then rushed over to Seth and pushed him back. "What's your problem dude? Dylan and Bre are our friends. Why can't you be happy for them? All they've ever done is made us happy and tried to be their best. You should be proud to call them your friends. They gave you a highly ranked show choir to teach!" She then turned to Will and Meg, "And don't you think you guys are off the hook. You knew Seth was talking shit and you didn't stop him. What great friends you are. Screw off if you're not going to appreciate them."

Will, Seth, and Meg stood there in a daze, unable to find the right words to say at that very moment. Dylan started to stand up and when he did he was kind of dizzy. I wrapped my arm around his waist, "Let's go find some ice." We talked towards a gas station across the street very slowly. We got inside and the cashier gave us a small bag of ice and some tissues for his bloody nose. I waited for Alexa to bring up the car and she did. We laid Dylan in the backseat and helped him get comfy.

We drove back to the apartment to find Seth, Will, and Meg waiting for us. They helped us get Dylan inside and on the couch. And then we all sat down in the living room. There was an awkward silence for awhile until Seth cleared his throat, "I'm sorry. You know my anger gets out of control sometimes. I shouldn't have been mad. I didn't have any right to."

"Okay, well. Why were you mad?" I asked.

"I'm not even mad. It was a heat of the moment thing. I just don't know how to say that I'm sad. I will miss you guys. We won't be able to do things anymore together. I had this fantasy that we would all work in Colorado together and you all just messed it up. I want to stay with you guys forever and when you're always gone on tour... That won't happen anymore." Seth sighed covering his face in his hands.

"Seth, we would never forget about you guys. We would visit all the time. We love you all." Dylan exclaimed.

"Guess this calls for a group hug?"

"Of course!" Alexa yelled.

We started talking and we're going to play a board game. As soon as we got over to the shelf, my phone buzzed. It was a text from an unknown number.

Unknown : Hey, it's Kirstie! We need you guys here as soon as possible! Text me back when the next available time you can make it!

I changed her contact name to 'Kirstie' and pulled Dylan aside. He agreed we would leave in 5 days for LA. I sent Kirstie that we'd be there in 5 days and set my phone down.

"Hey guys.... we are leaving really soon..." I said pacing the apartment.

Meg looked up from the board games at me, "How soon?"

"5 Days.", Dylan replied.

They all stopped messing with the board games to look at us glumly. "I'm sorry." I muttered.

I ran off into my bedroom and fell asleep crying not ready to face my friends. Not ready to leave my friends.

Not ready to face this world without them.