Chapter 3

Bre's POV
By the time we arrived at our
venue, I could tell that our taxi driver was done with us. We were just pulling up as we finished singing the song, 'We Will Rock You'. Meg paid the driver and I decided to give him a 20$ tip for having to deal with show choir kids in his crowded taxi.

As soon as I got out of the yellow taxi, I gasped for air. I felt like I couldn't even breathe in there. Grabbing my stuff from the trunk, I noticed everyone seemed to be really upset.

"Come on guys, let's not let this make us sad. We should be happy we've made it this far." I said with a smile. But, everyone ignored me and continued to move at a lull.

We got in the building and underclassmen greeted us with huge smiles, only because they would get to perform again.

Everyone grabbed hands in a circle and we went through the usual warm-ups. I led them with a pitch pipe. Out of the corner of my eye I saw people staring at Dylan and I. When I jerked my head to see who, they ran off.

The sudden change of me not continuing the warm-up made everyone gaze at me. "Hey Bre, are you okay?" Asked Will who was a few people down from me.

I slowly nodded, my eyes still fixed on the place where I just saw the people. "I'm fine, I thought I saw something."

Everyone quizzically stared at me. "Are you sure?" Will asked. Dylan, Alexa, and Meg unlatched hands from who they were standing next to, noticing something was wrong.

"Someone was watching me. Watching us." I said stumbling over my words. We never since freshman year had a person steal our show. I've been really resistant about leaving and passing down the throne. The next person won't be able to handle copiers.

All of my close friends approached me while the underclassmen whispered to each other. "I think you're just seeing things because you're upset," Alexa said putting a hand on my shoulder. "We just need to work right now."

Wiping my eyes to clear them, I put on a smile. "You're right." Then I said in a louder volume. "Okay everyone! I feel as if it's time we all have a talk before we go on."

Everyone returned to their spot in the circle and we all sat down on the floor. I cleared my throat. "This show choir means the absolute world to me. And it really has changed my life. It's made me happy. I know you all hate to see us seniors leave, but it has to happen sooner or later. I hope you all feel the same way about me as I do about you." I said tearing up a bit. We all automatically stood up and engulfed another in a group hug.

Wiping the tears from my eyes, I put a smile on my face. "Now who's ready to break it down!!!" I hear Dylan tell from next to me.

A huge group yell sounds back with, "WE ARE!!!"

We all broke apart and stood in the wings, waiting for the show band to get situated. I got a thumbs up from the conductor and I shot him a peace sign.

Dylan walked out on stage by himself and checked all the stage mics. And they were all good, it's time for take off!

Dylan scurried off stage and stood behind me. And the music for Michael Jackson's, 'I Want You Back' started and the crowd cheered as the lights fell.

Alexa as a solo:
Uh-huh huh huhhh
Let me tell ya now
Uh-huh
(Mmhhmmm)
When I had you to myself, I didn't want you around
Those pretty faces always made you stand out in a crowd