Chapter 4- Homeroom And Later After That

Laurence's POV

This is my first day of school. Let alone my first day of public school. So far today I've been bullied and pushed around. But on the bright side I met an amazing girl named Aphmau. She saved me from being bullied. I own her big time. I can't thank her enough.

This school was different then from other elementary schools. It's different because here we have classes like middle school and high school. Or at least that's what kids here are saying. In total we have 7 classes; lunch and recess being two of them.

Aphmau and I walked to our main class together since we had the same one. When we walked in I walked al the way to the back of the class. I'm very shy I don't really like being noticed. But as I sat down Aphmau took the seat next to mine. I looked at her. Why is she sticking around me I'm just the new kid and the kid that gets bullied?

"Is it ok that I sit here?" Aphmau asked me.

I think she can tell that I'm looking at her weirdly because she did.

"It is, but I have a question for you." I replied.

"Sure you can ask me anything. Remember we're friends now." She smiled.

"That what I wanted to ask, why are we friends I'm just the kid that gets pushed around by everyone?" I said as I looked down.

She stared at me blankly. She looked a bit worried.

"Well your new, you don't know me to well and I don't know you to well. So this is our chance to have a friend." She explained.

I didn't know that someone beside family could be so kind.

"Sorry Aph for questioning you, I'm just not used to friends. Back at the orphanage I wasn't the most talkative person."

It was true. I'm not really social.

"It's ok you don't have anything to apologize for. Quick question you called me 'Aph', why?" She was confused.

I quickly replied, "Oh,0 I just thought it could be a nickname...Is that ok with you?"

"Yeah it's fine it's just no ones really given me a nickname except for my moth-" she stopped.

Was she about to say mother. I looked at her once more and she had tears in her eyes. I started to panic. How do I make her feel better?

"Um, Aph is that a bad subject to talk about?" I asked.

"Well...It's a long story that I can tell you for another time." Aphmau said awkwardly.

All of a sudden the teacher walked in.

"Hello class I am Mr. Dale and I am going to be your home room teacher." He began to walk to the board and wrote his name Mr. Dale on the board.

"I am now going to take attendance." He took a deep breath and began to take attendance. Katelyn Dragonfire"

"Here" said a girl with blue hair and blue eyes.

"Aphmau Phoenix."

"Here." Aphmau said.

"Dante Klaw"

"Here." A boy said he had blue eyes and matching dark blue hair.

"Garroth Ro'Meave"

"Here." Said a boy with dirty blonde hair.

I dozed off until the teacher said, "Nicole Von Ronsenburg."

"Here." A girl said very cheerfully she a brown eyes and red hair.

"Laurence Zvhal."

"Here." I said.

Aphmau's POV

As the teacher was taking attendee I could see Laurence dozing off until his name was called. A few minutes later we finally get our schedules. I'm so excited. I wonder if I have any classes with Laurence. That would make both of our lives easier. The teacher hands me my schedule and it looks like this.

1st period- Homeroom
2nd period- Math
3rd period- Science
4th period- Lunch
5th period- Recess
6th period- English
7th period- cycle

(Cycle is an elective- art, gym, music.)

I think, Not bad for a schedule.

I immediately look over at Laurence and ask, "What classes do you have?"

He begins to read them out loud, "Homeroom, English, Science, Lunch Recess, Math, Cycle."

We began walking out of the class to 2nd period. I nearly exploded when I heard his schedule. I'm so happy we have the same schedule except for two classes.

"That's amazing we have every class together except for two." I exclaimed happily.

"And what classes are those?" He asked. "English and Math". I replied.

English is easy for me but Math. UGH! I hate Math! I think every kid on the face of this planet hates math. Yet some are good at it. English though is very easy.

"These classes to me are very easy. Even though I haven't ever been in a school I'm pretty good at these classe-" He began to say but I cut him off.

"Wait, WHAT!? Did you just say you're good at MATH?" I think I may have scared him by kind of yelling at him in excitement.

"Yes. Why? Are you not very good at it?" Laurence asked as I looked down a little embarrassed.

"Your right I'm not good at math. The best grade I've ever got was a 75."

"Oh, well I can help you. I'm not the best but I can help you with what I know." He said.

I was excited but I corrected him, "The word your looking for is tutor, you want to tutor me in what you know."

"That's right. I think it's the least I can do to repay you for being my friend and sticking up to Zane." Laurence said

He was right, I some how stood up to Zane. I stayed silent.

He began to speak again, "So when do you wanna start? Do you wanna meet up at your house or some where else? I'm pretty sure my dad would let you come over or bring us to a café."

Oh shoot he can't come over my house with everything that has happened today I completely forgot about home. I can't have him over. If he came over he would know about the abuse...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Words: 1015