The Nightmare.

"Agony sometimes changes 

form

but 

it never ceases for

anybody.” 

― Charles Bukowski

“Where is Jo-Jo?” I asked Tyson as we approached my locker.

“Don’t worry; she’ll probably be here soon.”

“Hope so, it’s great to have her back.”

“Yeah it is.” Tyson agreed, dumping stuff into his locker which was a few lockers left of mine.

Letting out a sigh I compared mine and Tyson’s timetables. We had World history and break the same periods, all the rest was different.

“Crap, not much me and you together.” I said, an emptiness settling inside my stomach; as if someone was robbing my oxygen. I wasn’t ready to face anything alone.

“Maybe Jo-Jo will have something same as you.” Tyson said comfortingly.

“Yeah maybe.”

Right on cue Jo-Jo wrapped an arm around me. “What’s up amigos?”

“What took you so long dude? Check if you have any classes with Echo.” Tyson replied.

“Sorry, Mom kept fussing over me, she a bit over reacting about me coming back.” She said as she handed me here timetable.

I quickly scanned her timetable to see if she had any lessons with me.

I felt like I was screaming, except no sound escaped my lips.

Not a single lesson same as mine.

Not one.

Jo-Jo clutched me tighter, realizing my horror.

“It’ll be fine. I’ll try to get my timetable changed.”

I could feel people rushing past me, socializing, talking rapidly and  Jo-Jo’s and Tyson’s gazes fixed upon me. Watching patiently, waiting for me to do or say something.

But my body had frozen up, my mind wasn’t working.

How much worse could this year get?

Hadn’t I suffered enough?

I didn’t crave a lot of company or friends, but I hated being alone.

Especially, since Nona had died.

What had I done to deserve this?

I needed them to stay sane. I know it was pathetic to be dependent on them like this but I didn’t know what else to do.

“We’ll walk you to your first class, come on.” Tyson said, gently pushing me forward.

I could feel myself walking; though my mind was running wild with terror.

Suddenly I saw him, leaning against one of the lockers, chatting with a couple of boys.

My body tensed as my gut was struck with a frozen bullet of shock. I couldn’t breathe.

I heard my books dropping to the floor, several heads snapping into my direction; including his.

His eyes meet mine as I felt myself sink backward, my vision blurring.

A single thought occupying me as I felt darkness engulf me.

He was back.