Poet's Without Wit

The next morning I heard loud noises coming from across the street. It's now Saturday which irritated me that I got woken up at 7:00 am.

Are you kidding! Now I won't be able to go back to sleep with all that crazy noise going on outside. Might as well go out there and check it out. I thought to myself.

I got up and headed outside not caring that my hair was a little messy and that I wore my favorite PJ pants that have the Septiceye Sam logo all over and my black tank. I opened the door to first see a big Uhaul truck and Mark walking out of it holding a box full of stuff. He's moving right across from me?! Wicked. I thought. It took me a while to notice that he wasn't wearing a shirt. He was only wearing PJ pants with a type of logo all over but I couldn't make out the details. Mark walked inside his new house and came back out a minute later and stopped with his whole body facing towards me. My mind processed eventually that he was staring and waving at me while smiling with such enthusiasm. I waved halfheartedly and smiled shyly. He ran his hand through his red dyed, top of his floofy hair and got back to what he was originally doing. I walked back inside and got some cereal to eat and was about to take the first bite when my mom headed downstairs.

"Hey munch. Why are you up this early?" My mom asked with a small smile.

I put down my spoon and responded, "the new neighbor's clanking around got me up. Apparently the guy with the red hair-" I tilted my head in the direction of Mark and his house. "-goes to school with me. His name is Mark. He introduced himself to me before. He's really friendly." I took a bite of cereal after I finished talking as my mom went to take a peep out the window checking out the neighbors.

"Hm. Well that's something. We haven't had new neighbors in a while." My mom said.

She walked over to the coffee pot to make coffee and rubbed my shoulder on the way there. I finished off my cereal and was about to head upstairs until I heard a knock. I headed over and opened the door only to see Mark finally with a shirt on and faded blue jeans. I took in his features as he stood there.

He had a stubble and a slight mustache and he wore prescription glasses which suited his face well. The red dyed, top part of his hair looked so soft and fluffy like a big, red, perfect cloud. He wore a black tee shirt which made his abs and chest look more defined. His faded blue jeans didn't sag but weren't exactly tight on him either. Looking... And I mean looking at him this close, I never noticed how perfect his body really is.
Mark cleared his throat trying to get my attention. My face flushed red; embarrassed that I was standing there gawking at his features.

"Oh I'm sorry... Um... Can I help you, Mark?" I said with a small, awkward smile.

He lightly laughed and responded, "hey I just thought that we could hang out today. I'm too lazy to unpack everything and my dad has to head off to work soon. So. Would you like to?" He smiled widely. I opened the door wider and gestured him to come inside and he did.

"You can sit at the table. I need to get ready so make yourself at home. Mom this is Mark. Mark this is my mom."

As they talked I headed up stairs to get ready.