The Beginnings To Silver Linings

He put his arms around my shoulders as I watched the fire burn those pages.
All I can do is stare at it. Seeing and hearing the thin, amber waves lick the air violently. It has been fed.

"You didn't have to do that." He whispered in my ear.

I shook my head. "No. I did. Just writing that last page, I knew it had to be done." I sighed. All those words on pages. They were a big stress reliever when Mark and I were having hardships. Keeping it here wouldn't do me any good except remind me of the hell I put him through.

"I understand. It was a reminder of what you no longer wanted to be reminded of. I'm always here for you though. Remember that." He hugged me tighter and I melted into his embrace.

______________

"Marzia? Yeah its me, Alex." I spoke softly to the camera.

I hadn't spoken to Marzia much these past few days so I had to Skype her.

"I'm so happy you decided to call. What's up?" She smiled.

"I just thought I'd talk with you. It has been a little while." I smiled back sweetly.

She nodded her head and looked away. "Felix and I have been kind of busy so it's all good."

"Hey! It's Pewdiepie." I heard Felix yell in the background.

"Felix! Sh." Marzia giggled.

I laughed with her. They both made me in a better mood and I couldn't be happier that she was my friend.

"Lex? You almost ready?" Sean yelled from the bedroom.

Marzia looked to the camera. "Is that my que to leave?" She laughed softly.

I nodded. "Unfortunately, yes. I'll talk to you later." I waved and smiled as she hung up.

_______________

I looked down at the flowing river just in time for a boat to come from under the bridge Sean and I were standing on.

"It's so pretty here." I mumbled.

Sean rubbed my shoulder. "Yes it is. I'm glad you're here with me."

I turned to look at him. His glowing blue eyes held a passionate look. It could easily put someone into a trance.

This moment. This everlasting moment with him seemed to last forever. The navy, mystic sky held bright, bold stars and hugged the new moon delicately, making it's beams just that much more bold. This dark night truly was a gorgeous sight but it didn't stop Sean's eyes shine and his teeth gleam extraordinarily.

As I looked over the ledge I could feel his eyes on me. I turned to look directly at him.

"What?" I smiled and blushed. 

"You. I've never met such a kind, loving, caring, and gorgeous woman like you. I practically adore you." Sean spoke quietly as he grabbed my face with his two warm hands softly.

 Then and there he kissed me.

I allowed it fully. I didn't let any part of me hesitate from kissing him back. In that moment, I knew I honestly liked him.
I can't bring myself to regret wanting to be with him.

But all that was in my mind was Mark. His perfect teeth showing as he smiled. His eyes on me, filled with such love and compassion. All these images flowing past my closed eyes and yet I blissfully continued to let my lips connect with Sean's.

"Please. Just be mine already." He whispered after he broke the kiss.

I hesitated to give him a straight forward answer. "I don't know, Sean." Was all I could say.

He sighed deeply. "Please."

"Okay. I will." I finally said willingly.

He then suddenly picked me up and spun me around before setting me down.
He smiled widely as if his face might tear and then kissed me once more. This one was quick and sweet.

I was utterly surprised at my own answer to his pleading question. And yet I never took a double take to make sure my words were my own. It was done. I felt happy though. All the worry and wretchedness had then washed away soothingly. 

This was a new start for me.
This time with Sean.