Chrissy, Oh Chrissy

Chrissette's POV

I felt Prodigy's warm arms around me and his warm breath on my neck. I checked the time 1:42? Damn, we must have been tired. I slipped out of his arms and went to take a shower.

When I came back he was sitting up staring straight ahead. I giggled and crawled over to him on the bed. "What's wrong, lover boy?" I said getting in his face. He looked at me "Do you feel different today?" "What?" I giggled.

"You--do you feel different?" He asked again. "No, besides glowing. Why?" "No reason." He looked straight ahead again. "Come on, Prod!" I said laughing and bouncing on the bed on all fours like a child. "Tellll me." I said then pecked his lips. Still didn't look at me. "Tellll me." I did it again. I repeated this action five times until Prod spoke up and said bluntly "The condom broke." He sighed and stood up, heading for the bathroom.

He left me on the bed, wondering. Face in shock. I heard the shower begin to run. This was not as planned. I put lotion on my body and stuck on a pair of basketball shorts and an oversized white t-shirt that had "Trill, Nigga" on it in black.

I stuck on some black with a white stripe, Nike knee-high socks. I did a fishtail braid in the mirror in our bedroom and made up the bed. I grabbed my jewelry that was laying on the nightstand and some of Prod's watched and put them in the jewelry box sitting on the dresser.

I looked in the mirror, then raised my t-shirt up. I looked dead at my stomach and thought th words that I was scared to speak. "I'm carrying Craig Thomas Crippen's baby."

I let go of my shirt with my right hand and kissed my fingers, then I placed my fingers on my stomach and held them there. I'm seventeen. He's eighteen. How the hell is this supposed to turn out? How can I tell my parents without ten making me come back home? How am I supposed to care for this thing? We had jobs, we've finished college, but we're young. How can we teach our child when we barely know for ourselves?

I shook my head and removed my fingers and dropped my shirt. No point in worrying. I went downstairs and sat in the living room. I reached over and grabbed the remote from the far side of the couch. I turned the channel to "Brain Games" but my mind couldn't focus on trying to figure out the illusions. It kept thinking about the human being growing inside of me. My head was spinning. "Brain Games" went off. I changed it to Lifetime to watch a movie. It was some movie about how this girl lost her mother and her father comes with a new stepmother for her, but the girl hates the woman with all her heart and tries to make her life a living hell.

I wondered what the baby would look like. Okay, so, obviously, Lifetime isn't working either. I turned the TV off and checked the time on the cable box. 4:58

Prodigy should be out the shower by now. I crept up the stairs and then I heard Prodigy's voice. "I don't know what to do, man....she's pregnant....no, I will not leave her! The fuck?..." Well that diminished one worry from me. "The condom broke and I'm scared....no, not of her....I'm scared that I won't be a good father. That I won't be able to help my child understand right from wrong. To help them separate right from wrong. To teach them the dangers of the world and to show them how to handle situations..." I swear I heard him crying. I was standing just outside of the doorframe with my back pressed against the wall. I peeked inside slowly, making sure he couldn't see me. He couldn't but I could tell he was crying. I dipped my head back into the hallway and covered my mouth with my hand.

He was as scared as I was, but for different reasons and those reasonings were of being a good father. "Aight, man. I'll holla at you later...thanks, bruh." I heard Prod end the conversation. I crept back in the room to find Prod sitting on the bed staring straight out the window. "You know," I popped in the door way and rested my head on the doorframe as I held it with my right hand. Prod turned his head to face me. "I believe you'll be and excellent father." I smiled and walked out the room. Giving him some space to think.