Prologue

Christina Marie Lee-Cole

After of course saying yes to the big question that Jermaine had popped that night in Paris, everything seemed to have suddenly went in slow motion. I felt as if I was on cloud 9. I felt as if I was the main character of one big fictional story. Jermaine had me on a earthly high that I certainly didn't want to come off of. It amazed me how easily this man could have me wrapped around his finger. Not only was Jermaine my best friend, but he was everything and more. He was everything wrapped in one, and most importantly, he was the one made just for me.

The moment he looked me dead in my eyes and popped the most important question he would ever have to ask me, was the moment that I felt as if everything around me stopped. How could I say no? The moment he slid that breathtaking ring on to my finger, was the moment everything felt surreal. After crying tears of joy and staring at the new piece of jewelry that sat on my ring finger, for nearly hours, I still couldn't shake the feeling. Still to this day, I can't believe that I'm not dreaming.

Me? Married to J. Cole? Jermaine fucking Lamarr Cole? I had to be!

Once being congratulated by a crowd of strangers, family and friends were next to congratulate us. I immediately called Jenna and told her the news as soon as I grabbed ahold of a phone. I also called Jhene, and hell, even Claire!

I was surprised to hear that Claire was actually happy for me, and was excited about hopefully being able to help plan me and Jermaine's future wedding. Although Claire was the chairman of a fashion headquarters, she was also the ideal person to be a wedding planner. Claire was very much a creative, and organized person. Due to her short temper, and low tolerance though, Claire never decided to professionally be a wedding planner. The pressure of creating the ideal perfect wedding for a newly engaged couple is not as fun, and definitely isn't as easy, as it seems.

After me and Jermaine both called our friends and family back home to break the news, it was time to celebrate with the ones on tour with us. Miguel actually cried real tears, and me and Nazanin of course gawked over the huge diamond ring Jermaine had got me. So many thoughts swarmed my head, it was all too much for me to think about and take in.

I couldn't wait to have the perfect wedding I've always dreamed of. I couldn't wait to have the picture perfect family I've always wanted. I couldn't wait to upgrade to a bigger home that both of us could share. Most importantly though, I couldn't wait to finally be able to share the last name of the man I'm madly in love with.

I was just one step closer to it all.

Just when I thought the night couldn't have gotten any better, Jermaine just had to show out. What I had in mind was a romantic night back at our hotel room to celebrate being newly engaged, but that was the last thing on the agenda that night.

I was quite surprised to see that he had previously booked us a window seat at a very upscale restaurant. In fact, the restaurant was located on the inside of the Eiffel Tower! How romantic! To top it off, Jermaine took us on a boat ride in the fairly large body of water that surrounded the hotel we were staying in.

I had never felt so special in my life! The whole night felt like an out of body experience. I was like putty in Jermaine's hands. It made absolutely no sense how weak he actually made me. After all these years, still to this day, I can honestly say that I still get butterflies in my stomach for him. My heart rate increases, my palms become sweaty, and I unexpectedly become tongue tied. Of course, me and Jermaine have had our shares of ups and down, but what relationship doesn't? If you can't learn to get over the rough patches in your relationship, how do you expect to actually have one?

You've already read the first chapter of our story, but are you willing to read on?

Truly Yours 2
©Copyright Kennedy Mosley 2013-14
All Rights Reserved.

Christina in the MM -->