One

****Riley's P.O.V****

"LEAVE ME ALONE!" I shouted with fear as my drunk father came closer to me laughing I ran to my room, and locked the door.

I went to the corner just like every other night, and spoke in my head trying not to hear my drunk fathers voice scream, and pound on the door.

"Just sing Riley sing in your head as loud as you can."

I told myself just like my mother always told me when this happened, and when she was here.

She left she got away from my fathers abuse, and she didint take me she left me with him if she couldint take his abuse what made her think I could she hurt me when she left now I have to cry myself to sleep, and take his abuse every night alone.

I woke up in the middle of the night he had stopped I heard a knock at the living room door I wanted to get it, but was to scared.

My father got it I went closer to the door to hear who it was. It was the police! Sooner there was a knock at my bedroom door I got my cover, and hid in the corner with it.

A police man came in "hello" he said in a gentle voice he saw me in the corner I was shaking.

"I'm here to get you out of here come with me" he said coming closer to me I got scared.

"Its ok I wont hurt you" I got up, and walked slowly out the house I saw my father in the back of the police car.

the cop told me that I wasint going to live with my father anymore I wanted to cry, but tears of joy I was going to live with my grandparents.

I havint seen them since I was little I didint know if I wanted to go I didint know if they were going to be the same as my mum, and dad could I trust them?

It was late I'd say around three and four, but I wasint tired I was in the back of the cops car heading to my grandparents.

I had a small suitcase not much in it only some close, my converse, books, and my ipod that had all the music I loved, and has always been there for me.

I plugged my headphones in, and closed my eyes listening to a mix of Troye Sivan, Meline Martinez, Fall Out Boy, and Panic! At the disco songs.

Before I knew it we were here I was a bit nervous I got my stuff, and got out.

the officer knocked on the door it instantly opened I saw my grandma, and grandpa standing there smiling my grandma had tears in her eyes.

"Oh my sweet Riley" she said crying harder, and hugging me my grandpa came up after she was done.

"Is that my little girl my little Riley" he said looking at me with a worm smile then he hugged me.

Right then, and there I broke into tears.

"Oh honey its ok you dont have to live with your horrible father anymore" my grandma said hugging me which made me cry harder.

"Thank you officer so much" my grandpa said taking my suitcase inside I tured to the officer.

"Thank you, so, so much" I said crying a little.

"Your very welcome now if you need anything, or something goes wrong give me a call" he said handing me a card I took it "I will thank you" I said he smiled then left.

I walked slowly in their house was huge I looked everywhere it was amazing it was, so nice there were flights of stairs, and a lot of rooms.

"follow me dear we have your room all set for you" my grandma said smiling.

We went up the stairs then stopped at a room with a mint greenish door that had Riley's Room on it we walked in.

It was beautiful, and huge there was a big bed made with big fluffy pillows, and soft covers.

There were widows that had an amazing view, and a desk with pencils, and empty journals, and all sorts of other stuff.

When I looked in the closet it was big also there was a bunch of cloths, and outfits hung up.

I looked at the floor of the closet, and saw a row of converse hight tops, and normal ones all sorts of colors.

"wow" I said smiling "I knew you'd like them" my grandma said smiling.

There was a bathroom also probably bigger than my old room it had all kinds of good scented soups, and shampoos its was amazing.

My mouth dropped completely, and my eyes got really big when I noticed a huge bookshelf filled with books! I wanted to cry.

I turned to face my grandma she smiled "you like it dont you I knew you would especially like the bookshelf" "I don't like it I love it" I said smiling.

She looked at my suitcase "this is all you brought?" she asked "its all I could bring."

"You can organize them tomorrow you must be tired you should get some rest" she said putting my suff on my desk.

I was a little tired she said good night then left me in my huge green bedroom.

I looked around again still amazed by everything then got on my bed the covers were so soft, and the pillows, so comfortable.

As soon as the lights were off, and I was in bed I started crying badly.

All this happened in one night after all these years of living alone with my alcoholic abusive father it all went away in one amazingly horrible night.

I stopped crying, and went to sleep for the first time in a while happy.