1

~•~•~•~

Max's P.O.V

I opened the door to my office. There she was again, Alex Danvers. I felt blessed to keep recieving these visits from her.

"Agent Danvers. A pleasure seeing you again, of course." My voice snapped her out of her thoughts. She had seemed trapped in her own mind until I arrived.

"Maxwell." She replied, looking up from the floor. She was sitting on the edge of my desk, wearing a beautiful, blood-red top, a black tube skirt and black heels. Her long legs stretched down to the floor, crossed at the ankles.

"Now, Miss Danvers, will you tell me to what do I owe yet another surprise visit?" She got up gracefully and strode towards me.

"Well Mr Lord, I came to tell you that yet another murderer is after you." She answered, standing only a few inches from me. I could feel my own breathing speed up as our bodies shared that burning electricity.

Alex's P.O.V

I was standing so close to him, yet again. My heart was beating just a little faster than it should have. He chuckled.

"Well as long as you're protecting me I'm safe, right?" He replied.

"Is this supposed to be sarcasm or something Max? I am being very serious. A vicious killer is out to get you and you stand there laughing?" I was getting angry now.

"I'm not scared of some stupid psycho. You need not worry about my safety but worry about your own. I don't need your help Agent Danvers. So if that is all, goodbye." He moved to the side and walked to sit in his chair. How could he be acting like this especially when his life was at stake?

"Mr Lord I highly suggest you pick your nice ass back up off that chair and we negotiate something for your safety." God how much I hate that man. He swiveled back towards me with that irritating smirk on his face.

"What now?" I hissed, extremely annoyed; my patience running as thin as a single hair.

"So you think I have a nice ass Miss Danvers?" He said as he got up and started walking back to where I was.

"I.. I.. I was.. I mean.. What... No..." I fought the stupid heat which was rising to my cheeks. Why was I acting like such an idiot? 

"Mmm... I find it cute that you're blushing for the first time, especially by my doing." His cocky grin widened even more.

"I am not blushing!" I wanted to backhand him so hard he would've flown to China. But I didn't. Well... Instead, I just slapped him slightly less intense than that. Oops?

"What the hell?" He shouted at me. I smirked and raised an eyebrow whilst crossing my arms.

"That's what you get you asshole." I had won. He was speechless. I turned and began to walk away when his hand grabbed my arm, turning me back towards him.

He smashed his lips down onto mine and I gasped, but eventually I gave in and kissed him back. It was unbelievable, unpredictable, unimaginable. That's what Maxwell Lord made me feel every time I saw him. I realize that now. 

As our lips collided again and again, all the tension and chemistry we'd gathered over the few weeks we'd known each other exploded into fireworks around us. He made me feel all the passion and love I'd never been able to feel before.

Eventually I pulled away and started ranting, "What the hell are we doing? I'm supposed to hate you and protect you at the same time and you're supposed to hate me and resist my help and then I storm out of the room or you do it and we get in a fight but then we're friends again for a minute but then you mess things up again with your cockiness." I breathed out for the first time in a minute. As you can tell I talk when I'm nervous.

He smiled the most genuine smile I've ever seen, his beautiful eyes gleaming down at me. "Are you done?" He breathed.

"Why-" I was cut off by him once again pulling me into a passionate kiss. My back slammed against the wall and he started tearing of my shirt while I did the same.