Chapter 1

August 8, 2002- the day that he asked me to be his girlfriend. I remember it all so clearly as if it was just yesterday.

I was only fifteen at the time and was about to enter the tenth grade at Hazzard High School. David was my first true love and hopefully my only. We met back in the third grade at a pie eating competition at the local community center.

I had taken home the second place medal whereas him, the first. Our relationship progressed from childhood playmates, to high school lovers. Everyone considered us to be the high school sweeties.

David was an amazing person. He was one of the smartest, brightest students at Hazzard High.

He had a well-rounded persona which made him all that easier to love. His smile was full of happiness and could light up anyone’s day better than the sun could. He was a strong type of guy who always gave his heart and mind to anything he set out to accomplish.

David had a charming face and an outstanding body. His dark green eyes matched his perfectly chestnut brown hair. He was every girl’s dream man

To this day, I haven’t a single clue why he chose me in the first place.

I had fairly light brown hair and simple chocolate borwn eyes. Being a rather petite girl, I wasn’t sure how I came to look tall but it’s probably due to my fully developed complexions.

Throughout my high school life, I had dorky glasses making me not legible for being a popular girl if you know what I mean. 

David and I always had a strong connection. We knew each other’s feelings before it was said.

He knew me inside out and I told him even more than I told my friends. He was very easy to trust and he never broke that. I admit it.

When I was younger, I had many fantasies about David and I being together. I dreamt that one day, I would become his princess and he would be my prince. Oh and of course, we would live happily ever after. 

David was a very deep person.

Everything he said had more meaning than you could ever imagine.

I remember his first gift for me. It was a silver box. It wasn’t just an ordinary box though. He told me that whenever he wasn’t there, and I needed someone to talk to, I could just open the box, say everything that’s on my mind into it, close it, and he would be able to hear it. It was my most precious gift. 

David always had a whole crowd of girls surrounding him wherever he went. He attracted them faster than he could get rid of them. I know his heart was mine and I was in no fear of losing that.

That was, until the year of 2003......