The company

After my... mishap with those creepy girls, and a week of putting up with my friend's bad cooking and even worse jokes, I stumbled across a hidden alchemy lab.

At this point, my dearest, beloved friend had decided that she needed to go on a soul seeking journey to far, far away lands, far, far away from me. I agreed and sent her on her way.

The lab was brilliantly designed, a hallway that was made completely of descending stairs and parallel doors every five or six paces. The storage room was hidden in a dusty old kitchen, right beneath a suspiciously placed stove. The ladder lead down into the room, and rows upon rows of storage chests lined the walls on shelves.

It was dark and dank, but with my vampiric eyes, I could see everything perfectly. The entire labs wall were made of smooth stone bricks, and the floor was a pleasant oak. Never had I been so ecstatic, so uplifted.

Whenever I wanted supplies, I either went the farming room for ingredients or walked to the nearby ravine for precious metals.

I was living the high life, selling the extra surplus of crops and drinking only the freshest, healthiest of bloods generously.

But as all good things do, it came to an end. That end was in the form of a knock.

When I opened that door, I had to hide behind it, cowering in the shadows as the sunlight narrowly missed my exposed skin.

"What do you want?" I hissed. I had a delicate potion brewing downstairs, and if I didn't add the right ingredients at the right time, it might spoil.

"I can make bread," came a feminie voice.

"So can I. Go away."

"Please let me in. I can make bread and I think I can make apples to." She insisted.

"How did you know I was here? This door is hidden." I eyed her suspiciously, grimacing at her neat blonde braid and cutsie pjammies, glaring at her big brown doe eyes. She looked as innocent as they came.

"I was trying to hide from a ghost... I thought this was a cave."

"A ghost? Now you've got me interested."

"I  don't know who they were, they just appeared and then disappeared. I first saw them on the other side of a lake, and I've got the heebie jeebies. I'm scared." she sniffled, her eyes down cast and her hand rubbing her arm, like she was cold.

"So, suppose I believe this story, what makes you think I'll let you in? If this ghost is haunting you, why would I risk the possibility of a inviting a home-wrecker in?"

She made eye contact with me, cheerfully smiling. "I can make bread."

Annnd we are back to square one. Maybe I could scare her away.

"I don't need bread. I'm a vampire." I admitted. Her smile didn't falter in the slightest.

"Then I can give you blood?" I could smell my potion, sweet and rosy.  It would spoil soon.

"You won't go away until I let you in?" sighing, I massage my temple.

"No." she still smiled.

I let her in reluctantly, and grabbed her by the arm and showed her an old, empty room that was no more then three by three metres. It was across from the main brewing lab, so I would be able to keep an ear on her.

"You'll stay here, in this room, until I come back. If you wander, I won't hesitate to drain you of every drop of blood in your body."

Then I smiled, a big, toothy one that displayed my long and dangerous teeth.

"Enjoy your stay."

***

And the next chapter will continue and build and this, and it might just involve the ghost...

::Muggle::