First Impressions-Trouble

^I put an image of Eric for you guys. :D

****************************************$$$$******************************************

"I have a... boyfriend", Mom revealed, eyeing us warily. I leaned back in my chair and scrutinized her, as I thought it over. She had been single for over ten years, ever since that sleazy bastard left. Mom wasn't stupid either, so if he was her bf, he would be a decent enough guy. Probably. 

     Beside me, Bela was bouncing with joy. 

     "How old is he? What colour are his eyes? What colour is his hair?" I wondered how she managed to say it all in one breath. 

     "Does he have kids? How many? Are they girls?" It was worse than when she had eaten half that cake in a day. I felt kind of bad for Mom but decided to relax since I wasn't the one being bugged. For once. 

     "Wait, does he have kids?", I questioned. She slowly cleared away our plates before addressing us. 

     "You can find out yourselves tomorrow when we go to meet them for brunch.", she announced. 

     Back in our room, Bela and I spoke in hushed whispers, knowing how our voices could easily reach across the small apartment. 

     "Do you think he has kids?", she whispered. 

     "Bela, she said meet them, what do you think that means?"

     "Uh... plural? Ohh, as in more than one. I gotcha."

     "How do you think they're going to be like. I mean, in those movies, step-siblings are never good people."

     "Who cares about that right now. WHAT ARE WE GOING TO WEAR?", she cried, throwing open some drawers filled with dresses. I wasn't that worried about my OOTD for tomorrow. I had long ago accepted the fact that I looked just about average in just about everything. Bela however, shopped and lived like a princess. After looking through at least 30 dresses, she turned to me, panicked. 

     "I have nothing to wear! WE HAVE TO GO SHOPPING.", she cried.

     "You just bought 2 dresses last week. Wear one of them, because we are not going shopping." Almost an hour of mixing and matching dresses, tights, and shoes, she was ready for tomorrow, and I was totally exhausted. Now for 3 hours of studying. 

     The next morning, we had a 'special' breakfast of crepes that she demanded almost every weekend. By noon, we were driving through this really posh part of the city in our second-hand Honda. I suddenly felt self-conscious of the dress I had on. I had thought it was beautiful, and bought it for 20 dollars, which was a lot to spend on a dress for me, but around these Gucci wearing patrons, the dress seemed cheap and ugly. 

     We parked in front of Hawksworth Resturant after waving off the valet. I hardened my gaze as we walked in and were met by stares. Brushing it off, I forced confidence into my walk and smirk, which I could tell reassured Mom and Bela, who were already nervous. 

     The greeter at the front eyed us up and down and smirked, which really made my blood boil. 

     "Did you get lost on the way to MacDonalds?", he chuckled.