The family buisness

My name is Veronica Solis, daughter of Armando Solis and Martha Solis. A few years ago my family started a business. This business is now the fastest growing business in all of Southern California. We have a partnership with the Sanchez family.  Chato and Mari Sanchez, and of course their daughter Erika. Ever since I can remember our families have been really close. Erika has been my best friend for years and this business has only brought us closer. Erika is an only child, while I have 2 brothers, so you can imagine why I'm always with her instead of being home.  Oh I forgot to mention she is also my neighbor.
Now let me tell you about our families business. You may never have guessed but out families own the biggest cocaine empire in the United States. We traffic Colombian cocaine straight from Colombia. Then it is processed in Mexico and brought to the states for distribution. It is distributed in a packaged form where it is sold. From this business we have made many friends and allies, but as you can imagine, also many enemies. My father always warned me how some day something could happen and he wanted me to take care of everything. But I was always stubborn and rejected this business. I wanted to be noble and not do something illegal with my life.
One day while on a long business trip with my father he gave me a phone. He told me that if this phone ever rang, that my family was dead, and that I would be next. I had so many questions as to why this would ever be needed, but never  in a million years did I think this would ever be true.