Chapter 4 - Mine

Silence was my only answer to her questions.

Cameron's POV

Frustration. The feeling of being upset or annoyed as a result of not being able to change or achieve something. Upset, because I couldn't change Micah back to the way he was. Annoyed, because I couldn't achieve the answers to what he was hiding from me. Whatever happened after he left me in the past must have changed him. It led him to doubt me, but I needed him to know that he could trust me with everything and that I would never leave him. I wasn't going to throw away our friendship that easily after waiting for ten years.

If he's not going to give me the answers directly, I'll find them another way. And nothing will stop me.

"Are you sure you want to sit with Micah?" Chris pushed his brows together quizzically.

I looked over to the crowded table in the center of the dining hall. No doubt, it belonged to the most popular group in the entire school - Micah's group. I don't think anyone would have ever expected a person with a heart of stone like him to be a member of the popular clique. Well, he proved me wrong. He was so close with his friends, it bothered me so much, because I was jealous of them. It should be me, but instead, he was hell bent on turning his back on me.

It was time to change that.

"Are you sure you want to try stop me?" a smirk formed on my face.

Weaving through the army of students, I courteously danced my way around them while balancing a plate of tender, char grilled steak drizzled with a creamy garlic parmesan sauce. The dessert wobbled unsteadily on the plate as I trod gracefully past the crowd. The smooth panna cotta was infused with a coffee essence, taking the dish to a whole new level of indulgence. Our school's professional chefs never failed to impress.

"Hi Micah," I placed my tray down on the table and sat on the empty chair beside him.

"This one's saved for someone," he scowled, "I don't care if you have an obsession with taking people's seats. You need to leave."

His friends snickered at his snide remark. I felt a sudden urge to slap some sense into him but I smiled off the temptation.

"Alright, Regina George, let her stay," a deep voice demanded, causing Micah to frown at the both of us, "You don't call the shots around here."

I turned my head to face the guy who was sitting beside me. His chestnut locks were slicked back and held firmly in place by an excessive amount of gel. It was saturated with so much product, his hair wouldn't move an inch if he stood in the middle of a storm. His muddy brown eyes locked with mine and for a while, I felt at ease.

"I'm Nick," dimples carved into his striking face, "You must be Cameron?"

I nodded in response, wondering how he knew my name. Then again, I was probably labeled as "The New Girl" by everyone else and he just bothered to learn my name. Either that or Micah told him about our history.

"I don't call the shots around here, but Lana does," Micah hissed, "Cam, you have to leave before she comes."

"And just because Lana is your girlfriend doesn't mean that you have to control other people like she does," retorted Nick, glaring back at him.

Girlfriend? I tilted my head at Micah in confusion but he avoided eye contact with me. Why didn't he tell me anything about this? Is she the reason why we can't be friends anymore? I wasn't hurt. Hurt would be an understatement. I was heartbroken because Micah chose her over me, his childhood friend, and that he'd rather jeopardize our friendship for this girl. So why keep the bracelet if he no longer cares about me?

"Who's Lana?"

The group tensed up all of a sudden. Two blonde girls strutted in sync towards us as if on a catwalk at a fashion show. One wore a black beret, clearly the domineering figure of the two. She flipped her thick hair over her shoulder with the hand that wasn't carrying a ridiculously expensive designer handbag. Her sidekick imitated each of her gestures as if she was her insignificant clone. It was apparent that everyone worshipped her.

Micah stood up to greet them. He placed his hands on the girl's sides and guided her closer to him, pressing a smile into her lips. I immediately looked away, almost gagging at the sight of their intimate moment. She was not someone I pictured Micah with, but he always had a tendency to surprise me by doing unpredictable things.

"That, my friend, is Lana," Nick whispered to me.

"Yeah, I kinda guessed."

Lana frowned at me when she noticed that I was sitting on her throne. She gritted her teeth, her eyes commanded Micah to get rid of me as she folded her arms. Her flawless appearance implied that she was spoiled, she probably couldn't do anything herself even if she tried - she had assistants to the left and right of her.

"Cam, you should really go," Micah emitted a deep breath.

"So I can keep your girlfriend happy?"

"Ugh, do you even go here?" Lana groaned and rolled her forest green eyes flippantly, "I'll have you know that I'm Lana Mason, daughter of Principal Mason. I suggest, as the principal's daughter, that you better watch yourself."

The principal's daughter? No wonder why she walked around like she owned the school.

"Cameron, please," his brows furrowed desperately.

Nick leaned in close to me, "Word of advice: You don't want to be on her bad side. She's not worth the fight."

His face was inches away from mine. Normally I would back away, but I liked the view. A cheeky grin spread across his charming face, forming hollow dips by the corners of his lips. Something about him let my guard down and caused me to stand up, letting Lana get what she wanted. I didn't want to stay around her negative aura anyway.

"Just know that I'm doing this for Micah, not because I'm scared of you," I growled at the princess, feeling my nails dig into the palms of my hands as I tightly clenched my fists, "I'll see you at home, Micah."

Lana widened her eyes at me in shock as I sneered, but she instantly masked it by glowering sharply back and forth at me and her boyfriend who was trying to conceal his nervousness. She walked towards me, the corner of her lips curved downwards.

"Step down, bitch," she was so close, her chilling breath grazed my face, "He's mine."

Of course, every story needs a Regina George.

*****

Hi guys!

I'm sorry that this chapter is really short but I hope you're enjoying it so far. Do vote and leave a comment, it truly motivates me to keep writing. If you spot a mistake somewhere, don't hesitate to DM me. Also, please continue reading because it will get more interesting - that's a promise ;)

Thanks for reading!!