Chapter 5 - Eyes Lie Too

Trigger warning: This chapter contains indications of rape and sexual assault.

Of course, every story needs a Regina George.

Cameron's POV

Shoving people out of my path, I stormed towards my twin and our new friends. At least they were nice and friendly, unlike Lana's group. If Lana wasn't dating Micah, I wouldn't have cared about her. But she is, and I was so disappointed in him because I genuinely thought he had much higher standards than to even lay eyes on her.

"Did you just get into your first fight?" Chris chuckled as I plopped myself down on the chair beside Eric.

Eric wrapped an arm around me and I rested my head in the crook of his neck as he gently rubbed my shoulder.

"I'm not even surprised, Lana's not a very likable person," said Hazel, slicing her steak into smaller chunks.

Shit, I left my food at Micah's table.

"I'm so sorry, I totally forgot to warn you about Lana!" Riley exclaimed, throwing in an apology as a form of consolation.

Should I go back and get my lunch? That means I'd have to see Lana's irritating face. On second thought, maybe I'll just starve myself.

"Oh my God, oh my God," Eric suddenly perked up and squealed, slightly puckering his lips, "Nick is coming this way!!! Do I look good?"

"Need I remind you that you have a boyfriend?" Rafael asked rhetorically, glaring at his beloved.

"Hun, I can look at the menu without ordering. I mean, how can you not love his beautiful face? He looks like a Greek God."

All heads turned to study his appearance. I could feel Eric's enthusiasm overpowering him while the Greek God greeted everyone he walked past with his infamous smile and a little nod. Some girls giggled, drooling over the golden boy, some guys admired him subtly and others either didn't care or drowned themselves in jealousy. It was clear that he enjoyed the attention.

"You left your lunch at our table," Nick pushed the tray in front of me, "You should eat it before it gets cold."

"Oh, u-um, t-thanks," I stuttered, blood rushing to my cheeks.

"There's a space beside Cameron for you," Eric babbled and my head jerked towards him.

I buried my face in my hands from the embarrassment, knowing exactly what he was trying to do. It was obvious that Eric was already picturing himself as the godfather of a miniature Nick.

Nick chuckled lightly, taking the chair next to me so as to not make me feel awkward.

"You must be Christopher," he looked across the table to a judgemental, overprotective Chris, "I'm Nick. Welcome to our school."

"Chris is fine," my brother faked a smile.

Chris detested popular guys like Nick. In one of the schools we've been to, the guys thought it would be fun to challenge each other to sleep with a girl their friends picked for them. I was one of them. Max had me swooned with all the love notes he slipped in my locker everyday. Fortunately for me, Chris overheard the guys talking about Max's scheme during basketball practice one day before I did anything I would have regretted. Unfortunately for Max, he ended up with a few fractured bones, to say the least. I was naive and I swore nothing like that would ever happen again...

"Listen, I'm having a party at my house on Friday night," said Nick, fixing his gaze on me, "I think you should all come."

"We'll be there," Eric responded to the invite confidently on behalf of our group, giving us no chance to object.