Chapter Five

A/N: And we're back with your irregularly scheduled update of Enchanted. I tweaked a few ideas and have a beautiful and conniving evil plan for this story.. officially. I hope you guys like where i'm going with this because i can NEVER find a story like the one i have in mind. okay, shutting up! here we go. 

I woke to the sound of Stefan laughing and Bekah scolding him. That's never a good sign. I opened my eyes and realized my head was in Klaus's lap and feet laid across Rebekah's. I sat up to find Bonnie blushing and Stefan rubbing the back of his head where Elena had hit him. 

"Okay.. What'd I miss?" I asked looking around the plane.

Bonnie's face continued to redden as she explained to me that Kol wasn't exactly being appropriate and she had an outburst with him. Stefan found the entire situation amusing because Bonnie was the only one who could hear him.. "Poor Bon" I thought. "She got stuck with being the most annoying Original's translator."

Klaus paid no attention to them which caught my attention. He looked like he was thinking long and hard. He almost looked sad. It was then that I remembered how much Klaus blamed himself for Kol's death. I knew he would never forgive either Gilbert for it, but he always seemed to beat himself up more than anyone. I reached over and put my hand on his knee for comfort. His eyes met mine as a way of saying thank you. That was the thing that always took me off guard with us.. It was almost like we never had to say anything out loud, I could feel what he felt, just as he could with me. It scared me so much that I had to look away or I would have drowned in the blue of his eyes.

As I tried to avoid thinking of Klaus, I tried to remember my dream. I kept trying but came up with nothing, which for me was unusual. I always remembered them, no matter how bizarre they were. I decided to think on it later as I heard the pilot announce we would be landing soon in Chicago. I started to think of all the places I wanted to see first and especially the places I wanted to shop first.

As if she read my mind Rebekah perked up realizing she now had girlfriends to shop with and began naming boutiques and shops she wanted to go to right away. All the men just sighed at her excitement for new shoes. 

"Bekah is there anything you like more than spending our money?" Klaus asked while rolling his eyes.

"Of course, Nik. I love bothering you and 'Lijah more than anything." she winked at me as I laughed. I looked around at my friends smiling and couldn't believe we'd spent hours together and no one had killed each other. 

When the plan landed Elena suggested we find a hotel but Elijah shot her down and insisted we all stay at their mansion here in the city. Of course that had Bonnie asking "How many friggin mansions do you guys have?!" Of course her question was followed by a "Shut up, Kol." I think we all know who answered her question there. 

We all took the Mikaelson car to the mansion and picked rooms. Klaus showed me to mine, and my heart stopped. The furniture was wooden and beautiful. It had bright blue curtains and an outdoor balcony. The closet was big enough to be another bedroom, so obviously I was thinking of all the clothes I could "buy" to fill it. 

I unpacked my things quickly and went in search of a blood bag short after that. We all planned to go out later but right now it was only 2 pm and we had hours to kill. I decided it was time to get the girls together for gossip. I gathered Elena, Bonnie, and Bekah and we headed down to the basement of the mansion. There was a large couch, a few chairs, a big screen TV and a movie stack the size of the Alps. Elena and I gave each other a knowing look that said "We are so binge watching romcoms later". We all took seats and everyone looked at me.

"I don't know where to start.." I said. Bonnie gave me a look of encouragement and told me to tell them what I told her. So I started with Tyler and worked my way up from there. 

"I don't feel like a second choice around him.. you know? It's like I don't have to fake it around him, he knows who I am. Every time he looks at me it's like I can feel his eyes straight into my soul." I kept explaining about how he said he'd be my last love and all the things he had done for me after. 

They all just looked at me shocked. I did that thing where once I start talking I can't stop and Rebekah just came and hugged me. She took my face in her hands and said "I can't wait till we're sisters."

All I could do was smile and hug her. Bonnie and Elena laughed and joined in. I guess while I was talking I didn't hear him come down the stairs. I looked up to see Elijah smiling at us, after he heard everything. He walked towards me and hugged me. 

"Thank you for bringing my brother back, it has been a long time since I've seen his humanity.. but it's like it was never gone when he's with you. I have to agree with my sister, you will make a good addition to this family, if you don't mind me saying."

He nodded to us and left the room without another word.

"Did Elijah just hug you?" Elena said with wide eyes. We all just laughed. I had a lot of thinking to do, but I knew I was closer to finding what I wanted. What I want is him.. It's just going to take a little to accept that. Who says I can't have fun until then?

A/N: WHOA DOUBLE UPDATE SAY WHATTTTTT. Hey guys, i am fully confident that the next couple chapters should be pretty awesome. I have a solid foundation for the story in my head all i have to do is write it :) love ya -M